Working with POS via Terminal Connection (Remote Desktop)

The 1C:Enterprise developers forum

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Just came
Rating: 1
Company:

Hello,

this may be talked over here in some topics, but unfortunately I couldn't find it.
There is a big need to work with POS via Terminal Connection (Remote Desktop). In short - need to print checks with cash register in stores. Version 8.3.5. We haven't tried it yet,  but as I understand, technically it can be done, if terminal server has the same POS drivers installed as in the remote machine at the store, and needed directories are shared in the network. Is this correct? Are there other important points that I missed?

Best Regards,
Ged

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Ged Last!

As I understood, you need to connect a POS terminal to the smartphone of your sales agent and print receipts, right?

You can do this using 1C:Enterprise mobile platform. When you print a spreadsheet document, you can choose a connected printer and have a receipt printed.

Just came
Rating: 1
Company:

Timofey,

maybe my explanation was too vague, no smartphones, no sales agents are involved. I meant a cashier working with 1c at the company store via remote desktop connection on a pc, which is connected to cash register. Now we have client-server type of set-up, everything works this way, but if connected to 1c via remote desktop, it doesn't.

Timofey Bugaevsky

I see.

Then maybe the POS terminal is connected to the client application and remote desktop does not share this device. Please first configure the POS terminal itself to work properly in a remote desktop mode.

Subscribe