About Cluster?

The 1C:Enterprise developers forum

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Just came
Rating: 1
Company: Ötüken Teknoloji Araştırma Geliştirme Eğitim Hizmetleri Ticaret Limited Şirketi

Hello there.
I want to build a system.
My system is as follows.
- I have three 1C server licenses. Each server has 10 user licenses.
- The first 1C server only reads from the database.
- Second 1C server is only adding and deleting records in database.
- The third 1C server is able to read, add and delete the database.
- I have a database server.
- I have a database backup server.

My applications are running Web Service. 1C servers are all connected to the same database. Speed is very important to me. All record reading operations are done from the first server. Adding and deleting all records is done from the second server. I can use the third server for emergencies.

Can all licenses use a single database?
Do I have a license problem?

Interested
Rating: 16
Company:

Dear Erdoğan Uğuz,

From your description, we do not clearly see the details on the 1C:Enterprise server cluster structure you plan to use. Anyway, the 1C:Enterprise client-server architecture assumes that one infobase can be used by only one 1C:Enterprise server cluster. At that, you can include any number of servers in the cluster. One cluster can work with several infobases.

This gives you a way to balance the workload between the servers of the cluster.

As for client licenses, you can organize a licensing service on one of the cluster servers or install the the licensing service on a dedicated physical or virtual server. Such a dedicated licensing server does not consume a 1C:Enterprise server license. The licensing server works as a single point of distributing client licenses.

Best regards,
Vladimir Gurov

1C Company support team

Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

The licensing server works as a single point of distributing client licenses.

But at the same time The licensing server works as a single point of failure. Am I correct?

Interested
Rating: 16
Company:

Dear Alexey,

From the license acquisition point of view, if such a licensing server fails and there are no other license distributing servers, you will have to resolve the issue of acquiring client licenses rapidly. It is a constant way of searching for a reasonable balance between redundancy and efficiency. For instance, you can have a backup copy of the licensing server to be able to quickly restore the server on the same or another machine and migrate client licenses there.

Best regards,
Vladimir Gurov

1C Company support team

Subscribe