Support for Umm Al Qura calendar

The 1C:Enterprise developers forum

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Active user
Rating: 4
Company: CTC

Hi,

I have a client who requires using umm al qura calendar. Is there a way to support other than gregorian calendar? is there a way to support umm al qura calendar. i.e. show days and months as per umm al qura calendar

thanks

Administrator
Rating: 23
Company:

Hello Mubarak,

unfortunately 1C does not have support for other calendars. But if you explain what function you want to implement, then I will try to help you.

For example, in 1C there is the so-called “Business calendar”, in which you can keep track of working days and weekends and holidays that are typical for a given country.

Best regards,
Aleksandr

Active user

Thank you for your reply.
Sorry, I didn't meant the business calendar. May be it is better to describe it as the date piker. You know how we normally have date piker with months January to December. This is considered Gregorian calendar. There are other systems of lunar calendars like persian one and islamic one. Some examples are here:
https://ng-bootstrap.github.io/#/components/datepicker/calendars

my clients work only with the lunar calendar umm al qura. For example, we are in the 11th month now and the year is 1441. hope you got what I'm talking about. you can see example pictures here of what an umm al qura date picker would look:
https://pub.dev/packages/hijri_picker

hope this makes my question clear. Is it possible to have umm al qura interface for your date picker?

thanking you for you kind support

Administrator
Company:

Dear Mubarak,

i understood your wish.

Unfortunately, in the standard version 1C there is no way to use another calendar.

Using the capabilities of the 1C platform, it's possible to create a library for working with other calendars, by analogy with: https://ng-bootstrap.github.io/#/components/datepicker/calendars

- but such a ready-made library is now not available.

Aleksandr

Just came
Rating: 1
Company:

It is important to mention that there is no way to replace across the system the standard date picker to your own implementation.

Administrator
Company:

Absolutely right.

Even if create a library in 1C to work with another calendar, it will not be able to replace the standard date dialogs.

Active user

thank you very much for the insightful responses

Subscribe