1C on a cloud drive

The 1C:Enterprise developers forum

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Just came
Rating: 1
Company:

Hi!

Is there a way to install 1C8 on a cloud drive like DropBox or SkyDrive to access it from any computer?

Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

You could try, but I do not think it will work synchronized from any computer. Also consider that file-mode operation requires a lot of network bandwidth. For example in wi-fi nets a noticeable lag exist.

Just came
Rating: 1
Company:

I tried. And it actually works. I just copied the whole folder 1cv82 to my DropBox. And no difference in speed even on Wi-Fi  :)

Interested

You have tried just from one computer, right? Dropbox makes a local copy of all the files stored, so you were using it like a normal hdd. Try to work simultaneously from different computers synchronized by dropbox. Most probably you will get some integrity errors.

Interested
Rating: 11
Company: 1A Software e.U

Actually there is a problem. I tried it with Dropbox and OneDrive as well. One customer works with Dropbox folder during the day in his office, then he shuts down this computer and in the evening he works from home. The same Dropbox folder. Even in this scenario there is again and again "__pc-name_ In Konflikt stehende Kopie" (something like "file in conflict"). Sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't.
I'am trying to explain him he can work via http from home but his office computer should be running. But he does not want to let it run over the night. This discussion comes again and again.

Is there any similar solution that can work without conflicts of files? If I put absolutely "healthy" his infobase on the hard drive of the office computer, it could be synchronized during the day (with Dropbox), in the evening he could shut down his office PC and after that work from home. Maybe it can be possible but in the morning it should be synchronized back to his hard drive.

I am pretty sure it is absolutely crazy but maybe somebody has an idea.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Active user
Rating: 4
Company:

Lioudmila Nemtseva,
Do not try to use Dropbox, OneDrive or any similar services - it will not work stable.
I think the best solution in many cases like this is cloud.
Just create a small Windows Virtual Machine in Amazon EC2 or Azure and move your 1C database there. Users may connect there via RDP or HTTP (if you'll install web.server).
Total cost: $25-50/month. And you do not have to worry about synchronization.

Active user
Rating: 4
Company:

Hi Lioudmila!

You can use Distributed infobases feature. Create child database and use Dropbox for exchange information. So, your customer would have ability to work in two places and reduce traffic.

Interested

Hi Alexey Bochkov,

thank you for your answer but the customer does not like such idea as well. I do not know the reason, maybe fixed costs or security reasons, it is very difficult.

Edited: Lioudmila Nemtseva - Apr 30, 2016 01:39 AM

Interested

Hi Alexei Khatin,

thank you for your answer. It sounds interesting, I will try this way.

Interested

It actually works! The only one problem if I create an invoice in Central Infobase with Code 1001 and then another invoice in Department with the same code 1001, after I read changes in department from Central, I have two invoices with Code 1001. It is not so fine. But at the moment that's okay.

Interested

Lyudmila, you should create prefixes for different locations. So you'll have LOC1-1001 LOC2-1001

Interested

It is a good idea, thank you. I am just not sure if it is legally okay for Austria. Usually it should be strictly ascending, e.g. T001, T002, T003 and so on. But we can ask our tax advisor.

Interested

If you still need to have 2 separate bases and numbering sequence you could implement some web-service (wsdl or http) at primary database and on saving documents in additional database execute this service to reserve number at primary database. Should work, but it is more complicated solution.

For example in Ecuador there are 2 obligatory prefixes for each invoice - local of invoicing (like remote office), and point of invoicing (like cash register #3)

Subscribe