Client/server connection problem.

Understanding basics of 1C:Enterprise platform. To start working with 1C:Enterprise platform visit Getting started page

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Just came
Rating: 1
Company:

Hello all,

I have a problem with connecting to server from a remote IP. Is it even possible to connect to server cluster via a TCP protocol? If yes, could anyone help me to figure it out?
1C application is Ordinary application I think it is possible to connect via thin connection to Managed application. But I need to connect to an Ordinary application.

Thanks in advance.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Umed Sayfidinzoda!

If you need to connect a remote workplace outside your company's local network to 1C:Enterprise server cluster, you have several options:
1. using thin client and publishing your application on a web server, in this case clients use HTTP protocol;
2. using web client and the same publication on a web server and clients use same HTTP protocol;
3. using VPN and joining your employee's PC to the corporate network, in this case you in addition to web an thin clients, you can use thick client (ordinary application is available in thick client only);
4. using the remote desktop connection, here you also can provide thick client for users.

Publishing 1C:Enterprise server outside your network is not a very good idea due to the security reasons.

Just came
Company:

Thank you Timofey,

I found your answer very helpful.
Cheers.

Just came
Company:

Back again with 3rd option, Timofey Bugaevsky.

For instance: Employee from Europe can connect via VPN using 1C platform's thick client option to 1C Server in Asia (not using remote desktop connection). Is it right?

Timofey Bugaevsky

They will have IPs inside your network, so will be accessible. But please make sure that ports that 1C:Enterprise server uses are transferred by VPN and not blocked by firewalls on both sides.
And please consider, that it is recommended to start using thin client and separate code for client and server for remote access. This will let to optimize the internet traffic as thick client might need a high internet connection speed.
If you want to connect the remote office, it might be useful to utilize the Data Exchange feature.

Subscribe