Publishing distribution kit(s)

Understanding basics of 1C:Enterprise platform. To start working with 1C:Enterprise platform visit Getting started page

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Interested
Rating: 27
Company: 1TÇ Şirketi - Merv Bilgi İşlem Otomasyonu Yazılım Ltd. Şti.

Hi,

In designer mode, while publishing an infobase there is new field for publishing distribution kit for client.

1. Is anybody who can provide an example how it works for undertanding how this mechanism working?

2. I have clients on Linux and Windows. Is this property will solve my problem with installing thin client application to client even if version between client and server does not match?

Active user
1C:Professional
Rating: 6
Company: 1C Company

Thank you for your question. I need some time to check it out and will let you know as soon as I get an answer.

Active user

You can set up ​an automatic update for different thin clients using specific WEB-service. Here is its description from New functionality in Version 8.3.1 page:

"You can setup the update of thin client distribution kit and downloading the list of common infobases using an HTTP connection or a web service.

If versions of client and server applications do not match, the thin client is downloaded and installed automatically.

The following parameters of the 1cestart.cfg file are implemented :

InternetService - address of the web service for updating of the thin client distribution kit and the list of common infobases,
WebCommonInfoBases - address of the web service for downloading the list of common infobases,
WebDistributiveLocation - address of the web service for updating the thin client distribution kit.
You can specify a link to the thin client distribution kit in the following configuration files:

In the default.vrd file using the pubdst attribute;
In the conf.cfg file using the PublishDistributiveLocation parameter."

Edited: Konstantin Rupasov - Apr 24, 2014 10:43 PM

Interested
Rating: 27
Company: 1TÇ Şirketi - Merv Bilgi İşlem Otomasyonu Yazılım Ltd. Şti.

Did anybody realize this function via Web Service? Where clients may be Windows, Ubuntu 32, Ubuntu 64, CentOS 32, CentOS 64.

With publication of web service I do not have any problem. But I do not have idea whitch files will be placed in "*.zip" file?

Active user

You have to place the entire thin client distribution package into this zip archive. You can download the package you need from 1c-dn. For example, here is the link to a thin client 8.3.5.1146 for Linux (DEB). Please note that the original archive you get from 1c-dn is in rar format, so you need to re-archive it into zip first.

Hope it helps.

Edited: Konstantin Rupasov - Sep 30, 2014 02:23 PM

Subscribe