Collation problem

This forum is intended for cases when a problem can not be solved due to restrictions of the platform: a bug or lack of functionality.

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Active user
Rating: 4
Company: Brighteye AB

Hi! Is the collation problem when Tempdb and collation for database in SQL are different solved? Have 1C:Enterprise 8.3 (8.3.4.482) Can not set items in 'Predefined' settings for catalogs, but in form it's Ok to change.
Regards
Keijo

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Keijo!

To answer your question regarding the collation, please provide a link with the discussion of this issue.

Regarding predefined settings please provide more details: the sample database and the description which settings you can change and which can't.

Active user

Hi. Have discovered that when use SQL and System Databases/Tempdb is set to Cyrillic_General_CI_AS and Database for 1C Enterprise is set to Finnish_Swedish_CI_AS, I get an error if change in Designer the predefined Catalog Items. But in managed run mode its possible to add or change any Catalog Items, even the predefined.
My work around is that I made all predefined catalog items in file mode and then opened a new empty database in SQL and restored from the file -  then all worked.
Saw in earlier posted questions that the collation difference between Tempdb in SQL and the database itself can make this error, but also that this will be fixed in future releases.
Regards
Keijo

Timofey Bugaevsky

Keijo,

I'm sorry, I was unable to find this topic, but I can suggest you to try to reproduce your problem on the latest version of 1C:Enterprise platform. As for now it is 8.3.5.1119.

If you could reproduce a problem, please provide details here and I will submit a bug report to our developer team.

Active user

Hi, changed to 8.3.5.1119 and now it works.. Thanks!
Keijo

Subscribe