Printing in moblie plaftorm

Discussions regarding 1C:Enterprise for mobile devices with Android, iOS, or Windows Phone.

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Interested
Rating: 27
Company: 1TÇ Şirketi - Merv Bilgi İşlem Otomasyonu Yazılım Ltd. Şti.

In Mobile Platform for SpreadSheetDocument is there way to control the printing skill? Or is it may be in future? Asking it, cause it will be good functionalty when the salers can print Customer Order from Tablet PC, it wouldn't be necessary to go to PC and print it from there :).

Interested

Now printing from Tablet PC is may be only by using parameters of different applications. But I don't want to use another application when I have such Platform. If I can use SpreadSheetDocument, I think you r planning to add Print skill.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Murat!

Could you please describe the case: how do you print from mobile device and which options are you trying to set? I will send this information to our developers.

Interested

Hi Timofey,

Now I am not using printing mechanism yet. My salers going near to PC and print Customer Orders from there.

In iOS I do not know how it works.
But in Android system printing process is so: All applications have such file as manifest.xml in that file describes how the appliction recieves parameters from outside (such an external connection availibility description). It is called Share in Android (detailed information you can find from http://developer.android.com/training/sharing/index.html ).
In printing process there is Sender side (application from what u want to print) and Reciever side (u can call as Driver Of Printer for Mobile devices, but it works as application). Sender side is sending to Android system the Text that should print. When sender send it, android searches for application manifests which is supporting Text and return you a list of application. Sender choose the application and android system sends the text to Reciever application and Receiver application processes the text (for example printing applications print from it's printer). It's usual thing to use Print Application cause it works as a Driver (in windows same situation exists, if you don't have driver you can't print).

In adroid there is no way except that I described. Off course if you will not save all drivers in your platform (i think it will be meaningless).

So "which options I am trying to set" - in Mobile platform I need the mechanism that will send spreadsheet in text and will open me form to choose printing application and will return the result that sended successfully.

But, if 1C does not planning to add Print skill to SpreaSheetDocument. I have such variants:
1. Firstly somehow try by Mobile Platform methods (like run application ...).
2. Secondly develope own application that will work between Mobile Platform and Printing Application
3. Somehow try it to do via "Tablet PC -> Web-Service -> Server -> Client (that will be opened always in Thick client) -> Direct Print". This way will be very long. But even so if situation will came to 3. step I will try it.
4. Say to my salers to go to PC and print it manually :).

It's easy to realize sharing system. I think your developers can realize it excellently in few days.

Edited: Murat Yazlıyev - Aug 28, 2013 11:43 AM

Interested

so what news about printing function?

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Murat!
Sorry for long reply, I have sent information to developers.
I like your idea with print server. Depending on number of clients for server, you might not need to send printing to client from server and can configure printer for each device on a server, then print from server to a configured printer.

Interested

Timofey but this is not solution for customer :D.

By the way, what about using notification module of tablet and printing from tablet pc to office printers?

Is there planning work with cashier place printers in future? Can we suggest our customers to use tablet pc in retail sales?

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Murat.

This feature is not available yet.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Murat!

Our developers ask you for information regarding printing from mobile devices. This can force implementation of this mechanism, so please provide as much information as you can.

1. Use cases: I remember the case when sales managers in store send invoices to printer. Are there any other thoughts on how this feature can be used?
2. Network configuration: tablet PC and a printer connected to a server, wireless printer and smartphone, any other real network configuration that you or your customers have for using this feature;
3. Hardware: mobile phones, tablet PC and printer models and software versions that are used in networks above.

Thank you for answers in advance.

Interested

Hi Timofey,

I'm glad that you follow up subjects that are not closed.

For answer:

1. I did not get your question. I get that you are asking in which moments of business life we can need printing fr om mobile devices? Or any other thoughts about solution of that skill?
Will answer for both:
in which moments of business life we can need - 1. For print invoices from mobile dvices of sales manager. 2. Recently our customer wanted to use our mobile application developed on 1C:Enterprise, but then gave up to buy because user of mobile application couldn't print invoices via Bluetooth.

2. To connect printer and server - may be alternative solution, but indeed it's not logically true solution if I have server in cloud :). I think printing process should be realized from client.

3. For me it's not usable, because at the moment I have a customer that works from 80 Tablet PC's and server is in cloud and server is Linux Server (in linux server wh ere is not installed desktop, the printing skill is not supported), so this variant is not usable for me. But if you want again the models of tablet pc and printers I will look up for it.

P.S. For realize print skill in mobile devices I can advise you and your developers such variants:
1. Use operating system's skills like "share - in android". In this choice user should install printers own drivers that developed for mobile devices. How I know, many printers have developed own drivers using "share" skill.
2. Use operating system's solution like "AitPrint" - in iOS and "CloudPrint" - in android. In this case user should not install drivers. It's sufficient only to install that application. That applications suuporting many printer models.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Thank you, Murat, that is useful information.

Interested

Hi Timofey,

Is there any news for print skill in mobile platform?

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Murat!
This feature is under development and will be available in future versions of 1C:Enterprise mobile platform.

Interested

Thanks for information.

Subscribe