Purchasing Module: Purchasing, Vendor Management and Receiving Inventory
The Purchasing Module makes purchasing, vendor management and receiving inventory fast and easy. New vendor invoices can be created quickly by copying an existing invoice or creating a new invoice from a purchase order. Purchase returns are built into the software and allows for credit memos/refunds that can be received against in cash receipts.
Purchase Order Highlights
- AccountingSuite can be set up to reflect how your business runs. For example, a vendor can also be a customer; and new items can be added on the fly even if they haven’t been previously set up.
- Screen-by-screen improvements to Purchase Order workflows. “Draft” and “Post” commands let you stay with an open Order until you are ready to move on.
- Editing existing Purchase Orders is intuitive, and a history snapshot allows you to undo any action or actions, or even revert back to a specific time.
Purchase Invoice and Returns Highlights
- Supplier and Vendor Invoices are simple to enter from existing purchase orders or basic invoice entry.
- Line items can be classified and expensed to projects as needed for simplified project accounting.
- Each invoice screen is broken out into 2 tabs that feature a separate tab for expenses and items (for inventory or assets).
- Built-in controls ensure that user entry follows best practices by only allowing items in the item tab and expenses in the expenses tab.
- “Tags” allow each line item or expense to be allocated to a project. You can add projects on the fly when you need to allocate an line item to a project not yet set up.
- No more manual Purchase Returns. AccountingSuite gives you all the options you need to automate the process of creating a Purchase Return:
- Credit Memo/Refund
- Vendor Invoice for the Return
- Currency options
- Flexibility to return without needing to select a specific invoice
- Supplier RMA numbers