Desktop version

Main > Forum > 1C:Enterprise Platform > 1C:Enterprise – Business applications platform > PostgreSQL server on non-default port?

Forum

Search UsersRules
PostgreSQL server on non-default port?
#1
Active user
Points:: 0
Joined:: May 15, 2013

Hello,
I configured several PostgreSQL (1C edition) clusters on the same server on different ports: 5432, 5433, 5434.

However, with 1C enterprise tool I can add a new 1C database only to the first cluster with a default port (database server = "localhost").

If I try to add a DB with database server "localhost:5433", I get an error message "could not translate host name "localhost:5433" to address: Name or service not known".

Is it at all possible?

Profile
#2
Just came
Points:: 0
Joined:: Sep 3, 2014

As I know its impossible.

But you can try use IP aliasing. I hear that someone use it successfully.

Profile
#3
Active user
Points:: 0
Joined:: May 15, 2013

Thank you for the idea, Ivan.

It was very easy to reconfigure my three PostgreSQL clusters on Ubuntu:
I just added two aliases (http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-creating-or-adding-new-network-alias-to-a-network-card-nic/)

And changed three settings in each postgresql.conf file:
listen_addresses = 'IP address of the interface to use for this cluster'
port = 5432
unix_socket_directories = 'Different path to use for this cluster'

And then adding a 1C DB to the required cluster is easy. Just point the "database server" to the IP configured in listen_addresses.

Profile
#4
Active user
Points:: 0
Joined:: May 15, 2013

I think that adding two aliases broke my 1C test server's licensing. The server (8.3.5.1119 64-bit) is running on the same Ubuntu host as PostgreSQL clusters.

At first, after adding new aliases, it worked, but after ~30 minutes I couldn't open any configuration and was shown various cryptic messages about missing server license file, missing server license, no licenses available, etc.

I stopped the server, deleted everything from /home/usr1cv8, restarted the server, re-added all test databases.
Now everything works as expected.

Profile
#5
Guest
Points::
Joined::

This might be caused by other reason. You had not to acquire a license, so the license was fine, but maybe some other reason did not let the 1C:Enterprise to validate the license.

Profile
Subscribe
Users browsing this topic (guests: 1, registered: 0, hidden: 0)



© 1C LLC. All rights reserved
1C Company respects the privacy of our customers and visitors
to our Web-site.