Main > Forum > 1C:Enterprise Platform > 1C:Enterprise – Business applications platform > Vietnamese Standard Code for Information Interchange (VISCII)

Forum

Search UsersRules
Vietnamese Standard Code for Information Interchange (VISCII)
Active user

Question: Is there a way to read text files in Vietnamese Standard Code for Information Interchange (VISCII) character set?
There is support for windows-1258 vietnamese codepage, but it seems like VISCII is different.

Hello, Alexey!

Unfortunately, I don't see this encoding in the list of supported encodings for text reader and text document.

Could you please attach an example file and a screenshot how should look data in this file, so I could try to find a way to convert it?

Just came

Hi Alexey,

If you need to read text files in VISCII format, you must installs VISCII fonts to your computer.
You can download attchment file "VISCII fonts 01.zip", and follow these steps:
1. unzip files.
2. coppy all font files to folder "c:\Windows\Fonts" in your computer.
3. When you open text files in VISCII format, you need choise font with prefix "VI". For example:  "VI Times".
All will be done!

Active user

Could you please attach an example file and a screenshot how should look data in this file,
Unfortunately, this is private data, so I cannot share it. Anyway, thank you for the reply!

If you need to read text files in VISCII format, you must installs VISCII fonts to your computer.
Mr. Ha, thank you very much for your reply! However, fonts don't make possible to read data by 1C:Enterprise from files or from ODBC source. Anyway, thank you very much for your help!

Active user

Alexey, it looks like you haven't solved the problem yet. If you still need help, can you make us a small example file without any private data? Just a couple of lines will do (and of course a screenshot that shows this text in the right encoding).

Just came

Hi Alexey,

If you make all right as my recomment, then fonts will work with data from ODBC source or from reading files.
I show you my test result, i have connecting form MSSQL by ExternalDataSource.
Please see in attachment.

Active user

Mr Ha thanks a lot! Now the text from odbc data source looks better, but still wrong, probably it is not VISCII character set at all:

Active user

Just a couple of lines will do (and of course a screenshot that shows this text in the right encoding).

Now I am reading data not from txt file but from odbc source, so the text converter will not help. But probably I can do something with odbc driver or fonts (as Mr. Ha suggested)? Thanks!

Active user

Alexey, we're investigating this.

Active user

Alexey,

it might or might not be VISCII. Could you please provide the following info for further investigation?

- a sample database with a small text fragment that is displayed incorrectly ('Nguen Ba Tam' will do), the font that you use, and the configuration that displays the text

- Windows settings: the system locale and the language for non-Unicode programs

Thanks for your patience!

Active user

- a sample database with a small text fragment that is displayed incorrectly ('Nguen Ba Tam' will do), the font that you use, and the configuration that displays the text

Test configuration and example database with vietnamese text are in attached file test.zip.

You can see the problem in the report VietTextTest.
used font in the report: VI Arial

- Windows settings: the system locale and the language for non-Unicode programs

The system locale: Vietnamese(Vietnam)
language for non-Unicode programs: It seems like in Win10 it is the same as locale option.

Active user

Some Vietnamese fonts in attachment.

Just came

Hi Alexey,

Now i know what is problem. FontText of VietText in your case is not VISCII, it's VNTime font.
Please use the fonts i have attach for you. You need use .VnTime font. Please see following detail.

Active user

Mr. Ha, thank you very much for your help! The problem is solved. With VnArial font the text looks right.

Subscribe