Limitations of Configurations Saving

The 1C:Enterprise developers forum

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Just came
Rating: 1
Company: Asfarma International Pharma Marketing

Hello,

I have access to Developemnt and Production configurations of same 1C application. My plan is to deploy changes into Production from Development at the end of the day. I need to make sure that I am not doing anything wrong which may cause potential data loss.

I will show you what I did in my test environment.

"Personel" is test production application on my local computer. "Personel_dev" is the exactly same copy from this.(see below)

Then I made some minor changes on Document form by adding a TEST label as shown below. This happened on "Personel_dev" application. "Personel" application itself stays same. (see below)

Before saving configurations from "Personel_dev" application, I added some data into "Personel" application to make sure if all additions remain same after restore from config.

Then I saved configuration from "Personel_dev" into local disk. (see below)

Then I loaded configuration from previous step into "Personel". (see below)

After all, I run "Personel" application and everything is ok as expected. No data loss, TEST label is there in Form.

My question is about limitations and any potential exceptions of this config restorement. What is the potential traps which may cause data loss. Can we say that any change I made on "Development" will go to "Production" without any data loss. Surely I exclude field and attribute removals from Catalogs and Documents.

Regards
Savas

Just came
Company:

Never ever should you develop anything without the Configuration repository
https://1c-dn.com/1c_enterprise/group_development/

The right way looks like this:
1. You write code ant test in in your "Personel_dev"
2. then you commit changes to the repository
3. then you open production db in the designer and load configuration from the repository

Just came
Company:

What is the potential traps which may cause data loss
You will get data loss, when and if you delete any object from configuration tree at your development config.

That's the only way you can loose you data in production, using 'Load configuration'.

There are also many other ways to destroy production data, using the 'compare and merge', but as I can see you don't use it

Subscribe