Team development

All questions related to 1C:Enterprise licenses

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Just came
Rating: 1
Company: Webcustoms IT Solutions GmbH

Hi,

we purchased 1C:Enterprise 8 NFR (1 server license, 10 concurrent users license) and
activated the server license and an user license in multi-user mode. We are wondering what is best practice for development in a team. The article to Group development gave us a first hint, but it is rather sketchy. Is there any other source giving more details on that topic?

Actually, we would prefer to develop on our local machines (mainly running Ubuntu) and push/merge our changes to the server. End-users are supposed to connect to the server mainly using thin clients (or other Windows machines) and run the latest version of our application. Unfortunately, it seems that this scenario is not possible after we selected to run multi-user mode since all 10 licenses are automatically in that mode. Do we need to purchase another set of licenses if we want to develop on our local machines but have the application run on a server? If so, is there anything else we need to consider to realize the above described scenario? As I said best practices or a detailed guide would be great.

Many thanks!
Saman

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Saman Bazrafshan!

Yes, in your case you will need separate single-user licenses for your developer machines.
You can purchase additional multi-user license and activate in single-user mode (each pin code for each PC) for your developers.

Please, note that NFR licenses can be used for internal needs of your company. You can not use them to provide service for end users.

Just came

Please, note that NFR licenses can be used for internal needs of your company.
That is what makes me think that the licensing model of the NFR package is a bit passing the interests of
your customers. Due to our server client architecture we need the multi-user mode which prohibits to use
the other 9 licenses for local development. What are they supposed to be used for - may be I do not get the
idea? I think it would be more customer friendly if you would give the possibility of using 5 licenses in
multi-user and the other 5 in single-user mode at least. Technically that should be no big deal as you are
already selling packages including 5 licenses. In my case it would had saved me from some confusion also.

Never mind. We will purchase another set of licenses for development. Could tell me if there is a detailed
description of how to set up a team development environment, for instance including a repository? May be I
missed that in one of the Administration guides?

Edited: Saman Bazrafshan - Oct 06, 2015 04:30 AM

Timofey Bugaevsky

The NFR package was made to let partners develop new applications without need to purchase a full commercial license. It is not designed for customers.
There are other NFR options, please see our online store. To purchase those options, please send your request to int@1c.com to agree with the management.

Regarding installation of a repository, this is described in chapter 2.3.1.5. Configuration Repository Server (TCP) of Administrator guide. How to manage it, please see Chapter 29. Distributed Configuration Development of Developer guide.
If you will have future questions, please create a topic, provide a screenshot with a problem and details of what you did to receive it.

Just came

As noted in the Administration Guide we need a configuration server application (1c_enterprise83-crs). Is the information outdated? I cannot find such a package in the download section. Where can I get the configuration repository server for installation on an Ubuntu machine?

Thank you for your effort, Timofey.

Update: Found it in the 32bit package in the download section. I guess there is not 64bit version of that application, right?

Edited: Saman Bazrafshan - Oct 08, 2015 09:01 AM

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Saman Bazrafshan.

In 64-bit package this application is not included. You are right, you can find it in 1C:Enterprise server 32 bit for Linux, deb.tar.gz and rpm.tar.gz files.

Download crs.png (6.33 KB)

Subscribe