Desktop version

Main > Forum > 1C:Enterprise Platform > 1C:Enterprise licensing > Please make licensing less restrictive to configuration updates

Forum

Search UsersRules
Please make licensing less restrictive to configuration updates
Interested

It is impossible to update PC firmware. This is the error I got every time I need some security fixes to be installed.

License not found. Software protection key or acquired software license not found!
Removed after license acquisition:
BIOS_0: LENOVO, 20160713000000.000000+000, JBET61WW (1.25 ), 2, 7
Available in current computer configuration:
BIOS_0: LENOVO, 20170913000000.000000+000, JBET66WW (1.30 ), 2, 7
This is so annoying.

Also please suggest to exclude external drives and external network adapters from licencing parameters. I really can not explain to my customers why they can't connect some device to their laptop.

Interested

also, what does this line mean?:

configuration is not base, configuration is not base

Active user

Alexey,

thanks for your feedback, I've registered a change request.

As for "configuration is not base" log message, you can ignore it. It refers to "The base version of "1C:Enterprise 8" (it is a license type described in 1C:Enterprise license agreement). It states that your license has a different type, which is totally okay, so it is not an error.

Active user

You can use the following workaround with external drives: before activating a license, remove them all. If you add a network drive after activating a license, you do not have to enter a new PIN. However, if you activate a license and then remove a network drive, you will need a new PIN.

Interested

It is not an easy task to remove every device, almost always we connect to our client computer through remote support system. For me it just does not make sense that external device is considered as part of computer UUID. It is like link to keyboard ID for licensing.

Also i would highly suggest to not block system immediately but rather present some message about changed parameters with 5 days delay time to block. It is not always license owner present when license get lost, it is not always 1c licensing service on-line, so it could take some days to reestablish the license.

Believe me, our clients are so annoyed by this behavior. And 1c:ent is the only program which is so sensitive to computer params changes.

Active user

Alexey, thanks, I added your comment to the change request.

Active user

Alexey, please clarify which types of external devices invalidate your customers' licenses. You can simply provide a part of the log related to the verification of key computer parameters.

So far the following types are excluded from the list of key parameters:

- Bluetooth network adapters
   - Network adapters connected over IEEE 1394 or USB
   - WAN and RAS software adapters
   - Adapters that do not have MAC addresses and VEN_/DEV_ parts of PNP ID

Interested

Yulia, to be able to provide the log it is vital that you can copy/paste it. I have not check on purple the last version of the platform, but in many versions you can not just copy the log message. By copying you are getting copied single line, which makes providing this information quite difficult. If the problem will occur to any of my clients in the near future I will definitely help you with this info.

I would like to question one more aspect of licensing. I know that it is possible to use virtual machine as part of the server cluster which will act as a licensing VM. But my experience showed that if this VM is moved to another physical server, the license get lost. I think that is because of different processor IDs. Also if the server have more than one processor hypervisor could assign different vCPUs and the license is lost too. How should I configure VM? Or is there any way to create VM to not loose the license? I know that I can use physical server just for licensing, but what if this server dies?  It is not reasonable to by a super redundant server just to keep licences there.
Thank you in advance.

Active user

Alexey, I'm afraid there is no workaround for VM licensing servers. Licenses will be lost if you move them to different physical servers. This is why we recommend that you use a physical licensing server.

Interested

In this case the licensing server is a point of failure. How to eliminate it?

Active user

Alexey,

to create a fault-tolerant licensing server, you need not only a second physical computer, but also a second set of software licenses. It is a viable option but it does not seem to be the best solution.

We think that the chance of physical computer failure is much lower than the chance of changing key VM parameters. In the event of physical computer failure, your application is unavailable for the period needed to acquire all software licenses on the virtual cluster manager where the session data service is assigned. If you do not use a physical licensing server and the key parameters of your VM change, you will experience the same downtime.

Once you get a license on a virtual server, you can restore the system state, which includes replacing the physical computer, getting extra PINs, and then interrupting user work, deleting licenses from the virtual server, and acquiring them on the physical one.

Active user

Alexey, as for the log, it can be copied easily. Perform the following steps:

1. Run Designer and wait until you are prompted to acquire a license.
2. Click Cancel. You will get the message stating that the license is not found.
3. Click Details. This opens the log.
4. In the log, press Ctrl+A to select all, then Ctrl+C to copy in to the clipboard.

Please send us the log, we need it to check which device types invalidate your license.

Subscribe