Ring utility use

All questions related to 1C:Enterprise licenses

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

Could I copy the license file to the computer with ring utility installed and call it to get info about the license? Will it affect in some way the licensing? I am a little worried because the same time this license file would be on 2 different machines.
Why would not I call ring utility on the licensed machined in the first place? Because I need to install ring, java, cryptoprovider etc.. and I do not want to install nothing extra on the client computer

Active user
Rating: 7
Company: 1C Company

Alexey,

each license is tied to key hardware parameters. So, to be able to use a license, you have to keep the license file on the computer where you acquired it.

If you only need the license file to view the registration number and PIN, it is okay to copy it to another computer that has ring installed.

Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

If you only need the license file to view the registration number and PIN, it is okay to copy it to another computer that has ring installed.
Could it affect license assignment by any way? For example, ring connects lic service to indicate that the license XXX were installed (located) on computer YYY?

Active user
Rating: 7
Company: 1C Company

Alexey,

Being a command-line utility, ring cannot be started automatically (it cannot run as a Windows service). However, you can use command-line options to check whether a license file matches the key computer parameters, or acquire a license from the licensing server.

Subscribe