License setup for development and test

All questions related to 1C:Enterprise licenses

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Just came
Rating: 0
Company: Brighteye AB

Hi,

We are currently in the process of setting up a test environment for the 1C:Enterprise 8 NFR (1 server and 10 concurrent users license) and wonder if we should use single or multi user license for our clients.

Our goal is to use designer/develop locally on three client computers (not always connected to domain network/server) and then upload/merge infobase with server and mainly test via web client from outside of our domain network (public internet/DMZ) but also thin client from within domain network.

What type of license should we use for clients in this case? Single-user or multi-user?

Kind regards,
Fredrik Ekholm
Brighteye AB

Timofey Bugaevsky

You should use multi-user license as it will allow to run web clients. Those three computers should be in the local network to get those multi-user licenses also. If developers are working in another network (at home, for example), you should buy additional single-user licenses for them individually.

Just came

Hi Timofey, thank you for your answer.

I have installed Designer on our server and activated server and multi-user license there.

When I try to add my server infobase from client computer it says I dont have a license and I need to acquire one. If I try and use the same multi-user PIN it says its already in use.

How do I get those multi-user licenses to client computers?

Kind regards,
Fredrik Ekholm

Timofey Bugaevsky

Does it work fine when you run the client application on the server computer?
It might be that your server license is not activated yet.

Just came

Yes, client application works on server computer.

I just rebooted my server and now the multi-user license works on my client computer as well.

Im running a Windows 7 client on VMWare Fusion, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

But now everything works, thank you again.

Timofey Bugaevsky

I must warn you, that if your virtual machine will chane key parameters (as they do very often), your license will expire and require to use additional PIN code. In 8.3.3 the possibility to install a license server on a separate computer is provided. If you'll have problems with VM parameters, try to use the separate license server.

Subscribe