How to add a new language to a configuration

This application automates translation. It is intended for both corporate and individual use. Details for 1C:Translator

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Just came
Rating: 0
Company:

Dear All,

How can I use Translator 2.0 if I want to add new language to my configuration (I want to transalte in new language interfaces, (print)forms and messages)? For some users will be used english in my configuration.

Best regards,
Sergey.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Sergey!
Nice to meet you as a user of 1C:Translator application.
In this case I recommend you to use Edit interface texts..., it is the built into Designer tool.
Please use following procedure to translate interface texts:

• To open it in main menu click Edit and then click Edit interface texts...
  • On Configurations tab select Base configuration and make sure that in second column <Entire configuration> is selected.
  • On Modules tab select Search in NStr functions in modules check box.
  • Click Find.
  • After the list of interface texts is displayed click Actions menu of it and then click Export to spreadsheet...
  • In Export to spreadsheet document form select Do not include empty rows only check box, and select a file name to save interface texts to. You will see all interface texts of your application. If you have only one language, it will be only one column.
  • Filter them to make unique, using Microsoft Excel, for example.
  • In 1C:Translator create a new project.
  • Open Dictionaries catalog and find a folder that you set as a primary dictionary (Dictionary field in Folders group on the project form), and then click Edit as table.
  • You will see the import form, paste filtered interface texts on the source language to Original texts column, and then click Import.
  • Return to dictionary item list form and translate using dictionaries that you already prepared (if have any). For this click Translate by dictionaries button on tools menu of this form and select a dictionary, that will be used for translation. It is recommended to click Yes to agree that previously translated items should stay unchanged.
  • Translate the rest by using Ctrl+O hotkey and editing manually the result.
  • When finished, you can get the translated list using the same Edit as texts command of dictionary item list form and clicking Export.
  • Add a new language to your configuration, for this in Common group right click on Languages node and then click Add. For a new language specify Name, Synonym and code (this code will be used later). Apply changes to have an access to the new language.
  • Create a new MXL file in Designer, in first cell of the first cell of the first column input code of source language and in first cell of second column the code of the newly added target language.
  • Fill this MXL file with data that you exported from 1C:Translator. Save this file, it will be used later for filling texts.
  • Open Edit interface texts... and find texts once again.
  • In Actions... menu click Find texts...
  • Specify the file with translation, that you saved previously in Text matching file field, in By language field select your source language and in To languages select the target language.
  • Apply changes.

Download edit1.png (13.37 KB)

Just came
Rating: 0
Company:

Thank you!

Subscribe