Desktop version

Main > Forum > 1C:Enterprise Platform > Bugs and functionality requests to 1C:Enterprise platform > Text search bug in the environment

Forum

Search UsersRules
Text search bug in the environment
Just came

Hello from 1C Romania. I'm working on legacy code in Russian and often resort to translating it in English. When searching "и" as a whole word
in a file in the code editor (usually to replace it with "and") search also hits the last "и" in words ending in "ии" (quite frequent in russian). It's strange that it doesn't seem to happen with other latin or cyrillic letters. Platform version is 1C:Enterprise 8.2 (8.2.15.317; latest release at this hour).
I tried this search in other popular editors and they seem to get it right.
I'm rooting for the new translation features announced for 8.3 but this bug is not related to translation after all.

Hello and thank you for the information.
The latest release is 8.2.17.169.
I will send your error description to our developers.

Just came

Addition: yes it does happen with any letter. So searching full word "x" finds the final x in words ending in "xx".

Can you provide screenshots? I could not reproduce this issue neither on 8.2.15.317 or later.

Just came

I'm back. Here's the story: this bug totally happens, but it's not quite straightforward to reproduce, I admit. I almost convinced myself I cried "wolf" for nothing. Attached is a capture and a text file with text to reproduce the bug systematically.

Paste it in a new configuration module, or text template, doesn't have to be code, or just open it with File->Open in Designer mode. "Works" in any recent training or enterprise version. Search for the full word "a" (simple search or global search) and be amazed.
It will find the single "a"s in "a hare a fox" but also the final "a" in "aaa baa kaaa". Yes, they're  identical "a"s, written all at once with same keyboard layout, no practical joke here (tee-hee, I took the bait once with a "CurrentRow" variable name written with an initial russian "es" which is indistinguishable from a latin C, but whole different Unicode).
And no, even if the results are above the double line, I cannot erase the code below, or some search results from above will disappear (?!?), even if I erase a comment line. Strange or what?

Thank you, sending this bug to our developers.

Thank you for your information. This bug is fixed already in upcoming 1C:Enterprise 8.3.3

Subscribe