Mobile Platform 8.3.4 crashes on android 6.0(Marshmallow) and above .

This forum is intended for cases when a problem can not be solved due to restrictions of the platform: a bug or lack of functionality.

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Active user
Rating: 3
Company:

We have a major problem regarding our mobile application.
We have a warehouse mobile app on platform 8.3.4.
The mobile platform crashes on open on any android device later than 5.0(Lollipop).

On the other hand we currently are unable to upgrade to a newer platform because all versions after 8.3.4 lack a very important functionality which is to set the focus on a specific field. (setting of CurrentItem property not supported).
The reason why this functionality is so important is that the app is mainly used for barcode scanning. For example the user clicks on a scanning textfield.It uses the scanner to scan the product. The product is recognised and added in a list and then the system needs to take the cursor back to the scan field for the next scan. We cannot ask the user to set the focus manually.

More details of the problem on this thread:
current item discussion

So from our point of view there are two solutions.

1. The mobile platform 8.3.4 gets a fix to run on android versions later than 5.
2. The latest version of the mobile platform supports the setting of the current item.

Can 1C provide any one of the 2 solutions above. If not unfortunately we will need to abandon the mobile platform.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Constantinos Anastasiou!

I'm afraid, that waiting for the fix in 8.3.4 will not give a result. Regarding focus on fields in mobile applications developers said that this behavior they do not plan to change.

So let's try to find a solution for barcode scanning.
Maybe you could create a separate form with only one input field that will be selected by default and thus will not need to be selected manually?

Active user
Company:

Dear Timofey,

Unfortunately i tried what you suggest and still it doesnt work.
When you open a form, even when there is only one control in the form (The textfield), even when the defaultItem property is true for that control in the mobile platform the user needs to manually touch on the text field to put it under focus so that typing can start.

Further more i even tried the command inputString() where again the popup appears to type the string but again the user still needs to touch the textfield to type.

We thought of a workaround of using an external native android app and call it from the 1c mobile platform using the function MobileDeviceApplicationRun(). The plan is to run the external app, scan the barcode there and return back to 1c mobile do some processing and run the external app again. The problem is that we cannot find any documentation or example of how we need to create the native android app in order to be abled to be called from 1c and return back with the scanned barcode. From what i read in the documentation it is possible using the following parameter:

Type: MobileDeviceApplicationLaunchExtrasData.
Additional data to be transferred to the application and to return the result.

Can you provide us with a working example of this feature?

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Constantinos Anastasiou.

Just to inform: I'm still searching for an appropriate solution.

By the way, how do you connect a scanner?

Active user
Company:

Hello Timofey,

The scanner is connected by bluetooth.
The android device basicaly considers it as a keyboard.
Thus the need for focusing.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Would it be a good solution if users will use a camera to scan barcodes?

Active user
Company:

Using a camera is slow and very difficult to use. the camera needs to be close, center and focused.
We use an embedded laser barcode scanner on the handheld that is able to scan barcodes from 2 meters away 100%
success on every scan.

Timofey Bugaevsky

I was able to find a quick solution: since version 8.3.9, mobile platform provides the BeginEditingItem() method (example provided), which you can use to focus the current item.

Active user
Company:

Thank you very much Timofey!

This is exactly what we need.
I tested it and it works fine :)

Thanks

Subscribe