8.3.12.1440 Background jobs use client licenses

This forum is intended for cases when a problem can not be solved due to restrictions of the platform: a bug or lack of functionality.

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

As far as I know background jobs should not occupy client licenses, but in this version it is definitely the case. I was suspicious about this, but checking my client claims I could confirm it.

Also I have a problem of hanged background jobs at this server? How do I investigate the reason?

Server x32, 10 client licenses, Centos 7 x32, Apache 2,4

Interested
Rating: 16
Company:

Dear Alexey,

As for hanging background jobs. The first step is to log their operations in the event log and then investigate the event log to locate the stage where they hang.

As for occupying client licenses with background jobs. We need to check it up first.

Best regards,
Vladimir Gurov

1C Company support team

Interested
Company:

Dear Alexey,

To avoid changes in your code for logging background jobs' operations in the event log, you can use the technological log.

It may sound obvious for you. Anyway, the first step is logging and investigating the logs.

Best regards,
Vladimir Gurov

1C Company support team

Interested

How do I check license use by technological log? Should it use license? I am not so much worried about hanged background job, but about license use.

Interested
Company:

Dear Alexey,

Background jobs do not occupy client licenses.

To view the information about licenses in a license storage at the given moment, you can use the "license" module of the "ring" utility, which is part of 1C:Enterprise platform.

To view the information about the license usage in the technological log, use the LIC event.

Best regards,
Vladimir Gurov

1C Company support team

Interested

Vladimir, I am 99% sure that they does in this particular situation. When my client called me saying that because of background jobs he gets no licence problem, I also replied that they do not occupy client licenses. We double checked and yes, they do! If I had 7 background jobs active (hanged) the system solo permitted 3 clients to be connected. We were able to reproduce the issue several times and always number of hanged background jobs plus number of clients toped at maximum licenses available for this server (10).

Interested
Company:

Dear Alexey,

If you already configured and obtained a technological log where this issue (overconsumed licenses) is reported, please send it to us.

Best regards,
Vladimir Gurov

1C Company support team

Interested

Dear Vladimir,

it is our client server, so it is not very debugable by mi, but I will try.
Could you please be so kind and provide me the option I should configure in config files to view license use at technological log.

Interested
Company:

Dear Alexey,

Here is a sample configuration file for the technological log:
https://mega.nz/#!mK4SDABD!7D7GzYte68ortk9XLzJZAhNKDagSZffIFO5rnNDytjo

Also, when you notice that hanging background jobs presumably occupy client licenses, save the list of cluster sessions and send it to us.

To do this, in the 1C:Enterprise server cluster console, navigate to Console Root > 1C:Enterprise 8.3 Central Servers > Clusters > your_cluster > Sessions, then select Export list from the context menu, and save the resulting list to a file.

Best regards,
Vladimir Gurov

1C Company support team

Interested

Vladimir, I reviewed your log file and it includes all the events. This log file could be huge in size, could you please ask developers what exactly they want to investigate and prepare log configuration file for that.

Also, i am sending you sessions list, via pm

Interested
Company:

Dear Alexey,

I obtained the session list from you. Thank you.

As for the technological log: you filter out the events in the technological log to leave only the LIC events there.

For instance, you can change the event element in the logcfg.xml file as follows:

Code
<event>
   <eq property="name" value="lic"/>
</event>

Best regards,
Vladimir Gurov

1C Company support team

Interested
Company:

Dear Alexey,

In the session list we can see:
- 2 sessions of thin clients with licenses used
- 1 session of a background job without license used

The background job cannot occupy the license. Anyway, the fact it hangs too long indicates there might be an issue.

Next time you notice in the cluster console, there is a hanging background job's session, please create dumps of the rphost and rmngr processes of 1C:Enterprise server.

To do this, use Task Manager. In the process list, select an appropriate process and then select Create Dump File from the context menu.

Finally, please send us the resulting dump files and the session list that corresponds to the moment when you created process dumps.

Best regards,
Vladimir Gurov

1C Company support team

Interested

Vladimir, it is a linux-based server. I can not sel ect Create dump from the context menu. Actually it does not even have graphical interface, so no menu at all.

I can see fr om the data I have sent you that it should not occupy license. But I am 100% sure that total quantity of background jobs + quantity of users connected when I starting receive "no license available" is always 10 (client have 10 client license). Verified several times.

Interested
Company:

Dear Alexey,

On Linux, to find out process IDs (PIDs) of the rphost and rmngr processes, you can use the following commands respectively:

Code
ps aux | grep rphost

ps aux | grep rmngr

Then, you can use the gcore utility to save a core dump of a process whose PID you know:

Code
gcore [-o filename] <PID>

Best regards,
Vladimir Gurov

1C Company support team

Subscribe