Greek Characters on Dot Matrix Printer (Epson LX 300 II) printing as ?

The 1C:Enterprise developers forum

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Just came
Rating: 0
Company: LogiSoft Computer Systems

Hello there,
I am trying to print Greek Characters on Dot Matrix Printer using a Text template. Unfortunately the printer does not print the Greek characters. The print DOES support Greek characters as i have successfully tested it with plain notepad. What it seems very strange is the fact that printing from other applications Greek characters appear correctly but printing from 1c always print the same. I have also printed a Hex Dump file, using a built in functionality of the printer, that prints all received data in Hex Format and this indicates that the printer does not receive correct data. Does anyone have any idea how i could encode the text created in 1c in a format compatible with my printer? Currently my printer is set to print in PC 437 Greek and the Windows printer driver is set to Generic/Text. I have also tested it with Epson Driver without any luck. Please Advice.
Thank you
Constantinos

Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

You could try to send data from 1c directly to the printer port. This is possible using TextDocument.Write("lpt1", TextEncoding.ANSI); In this case you could also add special ESC-characters.

Just came
Rating: 0
Company: LogiSoft Computer Systems

Thank you Alexey for your reply. Eventually something similar was done using system commands integrated in the 1c.

Subscribe