loading extension cfe update increases database size by 10GB

The 1C:Enterprise developers forum

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Active user
Rating: 4
Company: CTC

Hi,

I was trying to update my extension, after some updates. I saved the cfe file from my local machine and copied it to server. I watching the sql server data folder and witnessing that my database size was increasing and it  jumped 10GB while loading the cfe file.
Is this normal that updating extension enums and some objects will cause the database to double its size?
Would love to know what exactly happens when we load cfe file of extension to main configuration: does is recreate duplication of all tables? or it changes structure of existing tables? is there away to get back empty space?

thanking you

am using: 1C:Enterprise 8.3 (8.3.14.1630)

Interested
Rating: 16
Company:

Dear Mubarak Sami,

Please let us know:

- What pain spots do you infer from the behavior you noticed?
- Why do you think it is undesirable for you?
- What consequences of the behavior do you want to avoid?

Best regards,
Vladimir Gurov

1C Company support team

Active user
Rating: 4
Company: CTC

Hi Vladimir,

first of all, thank you for your follow up and support.
the problem is that I cannot determine how much space on the server is needed if the default behavior is like doubling size after each update to extension. For example, we ran out of server space because the database grew 20GB after few deployments. So, even if I make the server 100 or 200GB more, if the default behavior is to double then it will run out after few deployments.

so, it will help to know whats the default behavior so that I plan and workaround it.

thanking you

Interested
Rating: 16
Company:

Dear Mubarak Sami,

The new data that appears in the infobase after adding the extension is the data of the extension. The other data of the infobase is restructured and data duplication is not expected.

So, to answer your question why the size of your infobase is increased to such extent, let's consider what data you add in the extension.

Best regards,
Vladimir Gurov

1C Company support team

Subscribe