Citrix Server

All questions related to 1C:Enterprise licenses

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Interested
Rating: 11
Company: 1A Software e.U

I have a technical question, hopefully in the right part of the forum.

One of my potential customers uses Citrix Server. Here is common information:

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/C/Citrix_server.html

I guess he uses Windows Terminal. His question was if he generally can install our platform on such terminal. Volume: 150 single users, 300 invoices per week.

As I understand not much in this scope although I have literature and common derscription, but it is really very common.

Could me please somebody help? What kind of questions should I ask to get more information about requirentments in this case?

Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

Hi, Lioudmila,

Generally, yes, you can use it with 1c. Citrix server is no more than a virtulization platform. But you could find a lot of problems with licensing. For example, we had a problem that Citrix Server assigned different processors to virtual machine and 1c thought that the configuration was changed. And it was very difficult to find.

Now we are using linux version of 1c with Citrix Server and have no problems. But still you should pay attention to VM parameters to not having licensing problems.

Interested

Thanks, Alexey! What do you mean with linux version of 1C? I thought it was only one plattform for every OS. And if Citrix Server is based on Windows, then I can not install a linux version?

Interested

And one more question. If we have 150 users which work at the same time with 1c, do we need 150 single licensies?

Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

Citrix Server is a XEN virtualization mechanism + Utility to manage VMs. It does not use any OS. Utility to manage VM designed to be used in windows (you do not need to install it on server, any other computer serve as well)/ Also you could manage server in command line mode and you do not need windows at all.

Regarding licenses. You could buy 100 + 50 license packets.  But I doubt that you need this amount if you are saying that there will be 300 invoices per week. 150 users could make 30 000 invoices per week.

Edited: Alexey Gerasimov - Aug 30, 2012 08:03 AM

Subscribe