1C electronic license in virtual environment

All questions related to 1C:Enterprise licenses

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Active user
Rating: 6
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

Hello. We have a client who has bought 1 x86 server license and several client licenses. They have a 1 good server with 8Gb RAM (it can be extended in future), so it would be useful to use 64bit OS. But i have some experience in installation 32bit 1C server on 64bit CentOS, and found out that there are some problems in installation 32 bit server with 64 bit Apache on the same server. So, as for me, the best solution would be to use virtualization and create 3 different virtual machines - for 1C server (32 bit), for PostgreSQL(x64) and for Apache (x64). And also I have some experience in running 1C server in virtual environment - and at that time we had some problems with 1C licenses - when the hypervisor had been rebooted some key parameters had been changed and licenses became no longer valid. So, there is a question - does any guideline exist how to configure hypervisor to avoid such problems with licenses? Maybe we need some specific version of hypervisor? (We tried to deal with Xen.) And another question - maybe we can create some 1C licensing server on the real server with cheap hardware? And in that case, can we avoid licenses installation on virtual machine? Or in other words, is there exist possibility to get server licenses from the other server without their direct installation at the main server?

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Mikhail!
The possibility to create a separate licensing server will be added to 1C:Enterprise 8.3. Starting from version 8.3.1 you have the option to bind a software license to a specific computer, which is intended for running the licensing service only and will not be subject to hardware changes.
If the server will have only licensing service and have no work processes, this server will not require the license for 1C:Enterprise. Thus you will need only 1 license for 1C:Enterprise server.

Active user
Rating: 6

Thank you for your help. But can you tell me, does any guideline exist how to configure such licensing server? And another question - can i also put clients' licenses at this licensing server?

Timofey Bugaevsky

This information will be in official documentation when released, and you can put client licenses there too.

Interested
Rating: 11
Company: 1A Software e.U

I got a problem with license on VirtualBox. Which factors should I consider when trying to get a license?

Interested
Rating: 32

Ludmila, VirtualBox does not provide information about CPU number and Motherboard data, so there is no data to licensing system to use. We faced the same problem. The solution was to use VmWare Fusion instead.

p.s. I think deep down inside VirtualBox setting you can set these info and make it work.

Interested
Rating: 11
Company: 1A Software e.U

Thanks a lot, Alexey!

Subscribe