Dot and comma

This forum is intended for cases when a problem can not be solved due to restrictions of the platform: a bug or lack of functionality.

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

How could I make the platform think that the button between 0 and enter on numeric keypad is a decimal separation symbol? There is a lot of confusion because of it and changing keyboard layout is not the best solution. Moreover in some countries it does not work with any of the layouts selected and we have to create our custom layouts.

Just came
Rating: 0
Company:

deleted

Edited: Alex Korzhenko - Apr 21, 2013 11:37 PM

Interested

Then I need to ask to add this as a standard behavior in 8.3. Will be very very handy.

Edited: Alexey Gerasimov - Apr 20, 2013 09:27 PM

Just came
Rating: 0
Company:

deleted, sorry :(

Edited: Alex Korzhenko - Apr 21, 2013 11:38 PM

Timofey Bugaevsky

In calculator and numeric fields, right?
It works fine for me on 8.2. Could you provide more information. Which version of 1C:Enterprise platform do you use?
Which localization settings are set in your OS?

Interested

Yes, in calculator and numeric fiels

versions 8.2.15 8.2.17 8.3.2 behave the same way

OS Windows Xp, 7. 1C Enterprise installed with english localization. Configuration default language - Spanish. Script language - English. Infobase language Spanish, Spanish(ec), Spanish(Ar). There are no difference.

The problem could be that the default separation symbol is comma, but with all the influence of united state, keyboard layout have a dot. Excel, for example, uses dot as a separation. Official symbol (by national standard) is comma.

Edited: Alexey Gerasimov - Apr 22, 2013 12:14 AM

Timofey Bugaevsky

Are you trying to input [Spanish] comma using dot on a numeric pad in English (United States) keyboard layout and english OS localization?

Interested

In Spanish keyboard layouts in different LatAm countries there is dot on a numeric pad (standard windows behavior) no matter that according to national standards correct representation is comma.

Timofey Bugaevsky

I added a Spanish (Ecuador) keyboard layout, made an infobase with Spanish regional settings, set an input language to Spanish and found no problem. A comma inserted when I pressed dot on a numeric pad. See the screenshot.

Interested

Update to the problem: Inside calculator both(comma and dot) work fine, but in input fields works only comma. Dot is just ignored by the system.
Please try to make input field of numeric value.
Also it is possible that 'Edit format" could affect system behavior. We use comma as a separation symbol for user interface.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Maybe then it is better not to use edit format? Does it give any profit?
Regarding the input field, I could reproduce the error. Sent it to our developers. Thank you.

Interested

Mostly I do not use edit format, but sometimes I do (for example for zero and precision presentation).

Thank you for your help. Will be waiting to see in 8.3.3. Do you know when it will be released?

Until then is there any possibility to hack the behavior? We have developed keycode reader using native API, but we just could read the key and proceed with actions and there are no chance to pass it to the system changed.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Try to set editing format for this field to L=en_US

People who like this:1Yes/0No
Timofey Bugaevsky

This problem is fixed in the upcoming 1C:Enterprise 8.3.5.

Interested

Yeah!

Sorry.  I was waiting for so long.

Subscribe