Problem with input language in IE and Chrome

This forum is intended for cases when a problem can not be solved due to restrictions of the platform: a bug or lack of functionality.

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Active user
Rating: 3
Company:

Hello;

I use 1C:Enterprise 8.2 (8.2.14.528). I have a problem with Webclient input language in browsers. There are no Polish signs in IE and Chrome, and in Mozilla Firefox, there are Polish signs with an exception of "ż" sign, which is made by alt+z (works like ctrl+z). It seems like the Webclient is not recognizing keyboard layout properly?

The locale of Infobase is set to Polish, the session is Polish. The interface is normally Polish. I access webclient with localhost/(path)/pl/. But in forms I can't input Polish special letters (alt+c, alt+n... only alt+o works). I can only copy-paste them from ready text.

In thick client, language input works all right...

Oh by the way, when I played with Chrome settings and made it emulate iPad, I could enter Polish signs. But what I care the most is Internet Explorer because of file addon...

Edited: Joanna Torz - Jan 30, 2014 07:26 AM

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Joanna.
To solve your problem please try to upgrade to the latest version of 1C:Enterprise. As for now, latest version of 1C:Enterprise 8.2 is 8.2.19.83 and 1C:Enterprise 8.3 is 8.3.4.389.

Active user
Company:

Hello Mr Timofey, thank you for response!

Yes indeed we decided to upgrade 1C, we've noticed that e.g. this problem doesn't exist in the 8.3 demo application (available on this website). By now we will be using Thin client instead of Web client.

By the way, is it possible to upgrade from 8.2 straight to 8.3 without much problems?

People who like this:1Yes/0No
Timofey Bugaevsky

There will be less problems, sure, but you will need to perform extended syntax check to update system method names that have been changed. And when you will be ready, you can switch to new Taxi interface and update your configuration to use newest features of 1C:Enterprise 8.3 platform.

Active user
Company:

Thank you very much, I hope everything will be smooth with the upgrade :)

People who like this:1Yes/0No
Timofey Bugaevsky

You're welcome.
P.S.: Always make backups.

Subscribe