Using 1C with Chinese windows system - Russian fonts became monospace

This forum is intended for cases when a problem can not be solved due to restrictions of the platform: a bug or lack of functionality.

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Just came
Rating: 0
Company: NBMotor

All my computers have Chinese language OS (licensed) but with Russian ang English MUI. When using 1C with such computer, russian fonts become monospace. This happens with WinXPSP3, Win7 and (now) with Windows8.  
2years ago I bought 1C Trade Manager (Basic) and never used it because of this issue. Now I'm trying to learn how to develop my own app with 1C - using 1C:Enterprise Platform 8 Training Version - I have same issue with Russian language. After I saw that 1C 8.3 will have Chinese interface language - I thought my problem will be solved. But it still exists.    Please, help me not to use some Virtual Machunes software.

Also note, that on picture 3 (8.3.3.641.jpg ) "Информационные базы" text looks correct, instead of all other text.

Download 8.2 RU.jpg (175.31 KB)
Edited: Denis Dyomin - Jun 24, 2013 01:42 AM

Timofey Bugaevsky

You do not have fonts, I believe. But you can use chinese interface now in 8.3.3.

Just came

Timofey Bugaevsky wrote:
You do not have fonts, I believe.
No, I do have all fonts installed in my system, which are supplied with: Russian official language pack and  with Russian WinXPSP3. It doesn't help.

May be there are some solutions to use Regedit to change default font for Russian characters?
In English interface Chinese OS causes really huge spaces between menu items (see attached pictures) in 8.2.   And it is same in 8.3 - you can check picture in my previous post (Download 8.3.3.641_EN.jpg) - spacing between two menu items is really huge. Compare it with one you have on your system.  As I can understand, when system is creating form, it reserves space on screen for monospace characters. If language is Rusian - it uses all the spase. But if it is English- it is just huge spacing between items on the form.  

If any other screenshots or system properties are needed - feel free to ask me- Ill provide them ASAP.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Don't you have the same problem with other applications?
Please provide screenshots with your regional settings.

If I understood you correctly, your case is to use Russian language in China for russian people who live there, right?

Just came

1- No , I don't have problems with any other application I'm using.  
2-Screenshot is in the attachment.

3- not only. For people who have Chinese OS even English language interface looks not so good as it should be (added 3 more attachments to compare the same screens).

Edited: Denis Dyomin - Jun 25, 2013 12:14 AM

Timofey Bugaevsky

Thank you, I have passed this information to our developers.

Could you provide more information on the MUI that you use? We could not find it for chinese windows.

To fix your issue try to replace MS Shell Dlg font name value with MS Sans Serif in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes
registry entry.

Just came

Sorry about using word MUI. In Windows8 it is called "Language pack". You can install as many as you need (if you have Win8 Professional  or Enterprise). Please see screenshot - by pressing "add language button you can add more language packs).

MS Shell Dlg way is not the one which can solve problem (confirmation screenshot attached). After reboot nothing changed also.

Timofey Bugaevsky

OK, updated the ticket.

Just came

Is there any progress about this ticket?    
I finally purchased 1C 8.3 so can provide you some screenshots to compare Chinese and English OS forms.
It is really pity that 1C spend time and money for Chinese translation (even Designer is translated! Great!) but interface is not good for China users.

Please tell me if you need me to upload anything else (e.g. register backup, etc..).

Active user
1C:Professional
Rating: 8
Company: 1C Company

Thank you for the screenshots, Timofey will be able to answer you on Monday.

1C Company support team

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Denis, our developers are still working on this problem and it will be fixed in future releases of 1C:Enterprise platform. Thank you for your informaiton, it is very helpful.

Just came
Company: Garant, Ltd

Hello Denis, our company specializes in ERP-applications in Chinese on 1C Platform. If you have some questions, write me to garant@garantsoft.com We have interes to your work with chinese.

Our site is garantsoft.com

Just came
Company:

Hello

I wonder if there is any solution for this topic yet?

My company in russia also encountered the same issue. Thanks!

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, brilliance russia.

Our developers are still working on this problem. So far I can suggest you to try to do following:

In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontMapper Windows registry group for SimSun font set value cc, which is hexadecimal and corresponds to 204 in decimal.

Subscribe