Next platform update download option

This forum is intended for cases when a problem can not be solved due to restrictions of the platform: a bug or lack of functionality.

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

It is great that the new functionality was implemented

While the client application is being updated via the Internet, a dialog box displaying the progress of downloading the distribution kit from the server is being displayed. You have the option to cancel the download.3

I would live to suggest an improvement. Please make an option to define thin client update location for the next version of platform. Than you can offer update to your clients before it is obligatory. So they can select the desire time to update or let it download in the background and continue to work without any disturbances.

Edited: Alexey Gerasimov - May 12, 2014 05:49 PM

Timofey Bugaevsky

Thank you, Alexey. I have submitted an feature request.

Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

Timofey, I have another idea.

It will be great if you can see the percentage of the clients who already updated to the newer version, so you could plan server update o send notifications to client computers to perform update of thin clients.

Timofey Bugaevsky

I have added this to your previous feature request.

As for now, I can suggest you to add an information message for clients that will be displayed before the user quits the application. This message will suggest users to install a new version of 1C:Enterprise and provide a link for download.

Subscribe