Running 1C Enterprise on virtual infrastructure

Discussing the best practices of 1C:Enterprise implementation, sharing the business-level of 1C:Enterprise implementation experience.

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Just came
Rating: 0
Company: NBC Universal

Hi

My organisation is planning to deploy 1C Enterprise in the next couple of weeks. As an infrastructure engineer, I would like find out what is and what is not supported.

Server configurations for 1C Enterprise infrastructure:
• Using two modes = Client/server mode and Web client
• Working server and web server for Payroll = 1 x Windows 2008 R2
• Working server and web server for HR = 1 x Windows 2008 R2
• Database = MS SQL 2008 Standard Server (clustered)

1. Can 1C Enterprise 8.2 and 8.3 be hosted on virtual servers using VMware vSphere 5.0 hypervisor?

2. What is 1C Enterprise's current version for Payroll and HR?

3. We have 20 concurrent users using Payroll and HR systems (two servers), with an average usage, what is the recommended server specifications for CPU and Memory?

4. Software Licensing - using electronic license, is the product license different for Payroll and HR?

Please reply asap and thanks in advance.

Just came
Rating: 1
Company:

1. Yes, it can be hosted.
2. Don't know.)
3. Remember, that virtual server have got max 80% performance from physical server.
4. If you'll use  hardware license, you'll need "usb-over-network" or another "this kind" software to broadcast your license to virtual server.

Some my questions:
Why two servers for one configuration - you'll need to buy two 1C server licenses for each server?

It will be better, as i think, one Application server with 1C server and web server, one Terminal server for users and DB server with SQL. As you buying  Standart SQL, so i don't think that you base growing too fast. Hardware for SQL for example: 2-3 fast Xeon's, 16-24gb RAM, SSD for system, SAS Raid for DB. Application server doesn't need too many resources.

Edited: Anton Gritskov - Jan 09, 2014 07:39 AM

Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

I would not recommend to host 8.2 because it uses parameters of host for licensing. So if you migrate your host the license will be lost. In 8.3 there is a mode when the license server is separated from working servers. Please see the documentation.

Server specifications are mostly depend on usage scenario. How many employes, reports will be executed and so on.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, William,

1. It is better to use a separate licensing server of 1C:Enterprise, that is available on 1C:Enterprise 8.3, note that this server should not be a virtual machine, but server for handling data could be.
2. What do you mean saying Payroll and HR? We have these Applications available in English for support currently.
3. 20 users is not very much for 1C:Enterprise, so I might estimate (but you definitely should check it yourself) that 4 core and about 16G of RAM will be enough to handle both DBMS and 1C:Enterprise on a single server for that purposes.
4. Licenses for 1C:Enterprise are for platform and do not depend on application, but partners sometimes can use their own additional licenses. I'm not sure on which application you mean, as I said before. Plus make sure that they will work with a single infobase as if they will open other infobases, number of licenses will be calculated as number of sessions.

Just came
Company: NBC Universal

Thank you for your feedback.

Gather from the above responds, I am elaborating my queries hopefully they are clearer:

1. Great news and thanks!

2. My organisation would like to upgrade the current version Payroll v8.2 and HR v8.1 (both hosted on single Windows 2003 / SQL 2000 server). These applications are in Russian. We are planning to build new server infrastructure for hosting 1C Enterprise using latest version (also in Russian). What is the most up-to-date product suite suitable for this requirement? 1C:Small Business?

3. Great and thanks!

4. Please clarify on how we could host a license server.
  - we wish to host license server on VM whether it is a dedicated server or not, possible?

5. What is the difference between 1c-dn.com and v8.1c.ru? I have been reading from v8.1c.ru so there was some confusion. Please clarify.

Thanks
William

Timofey Bugaevsky

William, I can not understand your requirements, if you are planning to use Russian configurations, why you need 1C:Small Business?
For support regarding Russian configurations please use Russian support: hline@1c.ru as they have more complete information regarding those configurations.

You can not host licensing server on virtual machine due to parameters of computer where licenses are installed should not change, while for virtual machines it happens often. So you need a separate dedicated server for handling licenses, this could be a not powerful computer.

1c-dn.com provides support for international partners and customers. v8.1c.ru is for Russian and ex USSR partners and customers.

Just came
Company:

Dear William,
My name is Konstantin, I`m business development manager at First BIT.
Our company is experienced in delivering 1C projects to foreign companies, either in 1C implementation or in developing interfaces between 1C and other systems.
Please feel free to ask me any questions regarding 1C:Enterprise via e-mail kidaylidonis@1bit.com

Subscribe