Languages

Powerful and flexible application for small business management. See 1C:Small Business description

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Active user
Rating: 4
Company: Brighteye AB

Hi, have translated parts of 1C:SB application and found some parts as, buttons (Found that it can be changed in 'Change Form' but not the tooltip's connected to the button) , Messageboxes a few like 'Data has been changed. Do you want to save changes?', etc, that seems to be hardcoded. Any workaround to get local language (Swedish)? Or has it to be clocal language support in 1C:Enterprise Platform itself. Regards
Keijo

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Keijo, to localize an application you should use Designer mode as those changes that you made in Change Form will not be applied to other users.

Active user

Thanks for your quick reply. I understand that the buttons and the tool text connected to them as well as the automatically generated text's described above will not be translateable without changes in platform itself? (in design mode). Discovered that its not possible to change the autofilled buttons in command bar, except of course to make our own command bar, but the tool texts still remains- or am I totally wwrong about that. Regards Keijo

Timofey Bugaevsky

Keijo, Designer mode does not allow to change the platform. It allows to change the configuration only.
The platform contains major features such as generating forms by the description and executing the scripts. While Designer mode is a tool to change your application. The translation is a part of application interface.
The size of a form is a thing that a user supposed to change for his convenience while the application core is not the thing that the user should change. It is possible for some specific cases and restricted at many points, but it is not the part of a normal process.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Think of it from a good side: when each user changes his interface as he like, names of controls, position of buttons, sizes, colors, the administrator of the system will come to each of that smart users and start thinking: what should mean that brown field named: Fill after one that was prior to the Company?

Timofey Bugaevsky

By the way, there is a built-in tool for translation. Use Designer mode

You need to add a new language to your application. In the configuration tree open Common - Languages, add a new one (note to set the code as Alpha-2, for example)

Next in menu open Edit - Edit interface texts,
On Configurations tab Base configuration check box should be set
On Files tab all check boxes should be blank
On Modules tab Search in NStr functions in modules check box should be set

Then click Find.

After all texts are found, in the list execute Actions - Export to spreadsheet.
Set Include placement and Do not include empty rows check boxes.
And you will receive MXL file with texts for translation.

After the column with your new language is filled, change headers to keep language codes only, for example English (en) -> en

Run the Edit interface texts again with the same settings and use Actions - Fill texts command, set the source language to the one that was in the application originally and set check box for your new language
Clear Fill only unfilled check box and click OK

Active user

Thanks for your answers, but I have probably not been clear about my problem.. I undestand fully that ready made things shall not be changed - not to make extra work and to keep uniformity, but the question I had was when I just translate 1C:SB there is command bars with buttons like 'Create' or 'Write and Close' etc that can't be just translated in designer or the inbuilt text editor. The only option I see is to make new command bas replacing the existing because then its possible to translate the texts connected to the buttons - or? Regards
Keijo

Active user
Rating: 3
Company:

Unfortunately you can't change language of predefined platform controls in designer.

The framework currently includes interface and functionality in the following languages:

English
   Bulgarian (localization made by David Holding, Ltd, Kazanlak, Bulgaria)
   Georgian
   German
   Kazakh
   Latvian
   Lithuanian
   Polish (localization made by 1C-Poland Sp. z o.o., Warsaw, Poland)
   Romanian (localization made by Contabilizare, S.R.L. and SkySoft S.R.L., Targoviste, Romania)
   Russian
   Turkish (localization made by 1TÇ Şirketi, Istanbul, Turkey)
   Ukrainian (localization made by 1C-Ukraine Ltd, Kiev, Ukraine)
   Vietnamese (localization made by 1VS Co., Ltd, Hanoi, Vietnam)
http://v8.1c.ru/eng/the-platform/dev_localization.html

Timofey Bugaevsky

I have sent this capability as a request to the platform developers.

Active user

Thank's for your quick reply. I almost guessed that this was the case and hope for a positive respons from the platform developers! We can until other possibileties work around by making custom commands.
Best regards
Keijo

Subscribe