1C:Enterprise license server on a separate computer

All questions related to 1C:Enterprise licenses

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

Timofey, were there any changes in license server functionality? When I tried this future (8.3.2) license server asked for server license as well as a real 1c8 enterprise server. So we had to stop using it due to one server license. We have tried this on CentOS 6

I actually want to try this again, but afraid that it will not work. If I decide to give it a try could I expect on-line help from 1c team?

Timofey Bugaevsky

Alexey, you must to specify only license server role for that server, and remove all other roles in settings of 1C:Enterprise server. In that case it will not require a server license for itself.

Active user
Rating: 2
Company:

Is there any documentation on how to do it?

Timofey Bugaevsky

Try this:

Active user
Company:

I don't have "Requirements of functionality purpose" in the tree.
My 1C test server is 8.3.3.641 64-bit on Ubuntu 12.04.
I run "Administration of 1C server" (8.3.3.641 of course) from Windows XP.

Timofey Bugaevsky

I will double check this and let you know.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Are you sure that you use the Administration of 1C server for 8.3.3?

Active user
Company:

Yes, I'm sure. If I run Administration of 1C server for 8.2.17 that is also installed, I get an error message "Different client and server versions (8.2.17.143 - 8.3.3.641), client application: Cluster console".

While testing, I reran "Register MSC console" and now "Requirements of functionality purpose" is there.
Thank you.

Active user
Rating: 3
Company:

Hello,

I have some further question in this topic.

We have one machine with USB server license and client licenses. Now there is 1C 8.2 installed on that machine. We would like to create a central license server and connect 1C software from other machines to this server to obtain licences. What should we do?

1. As far as I understood, I have to install 1C 8.3.3 or newer and setup it as a license server as provided in the screenshot.
2. How should I configure other 1C installations (installed on different machines) to obtain a license from this server? Is there any manual provided?

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Joanna.
You need to add this server in 1C:Enterprise server cluster and clients and servers will understand where to receive licenses from.

Active user
Company:

Hi, thank you for an answer :)

I'd like to get into details. This is how our configuration looks like:

1. License server (location: our company network)
2. 1C Enterprise server (location: our customer network)

Just to make sure - in this configuration I should add a license server to our customer's 1C server cluster?

People who like this:1Yes/0No
Timofey Bugaevsky

Do you want to keep all licenses for all clients at your license server? And clients will have their own 1C:Enterprise servers at a time?

Active user
Company:

Yes, exactly, this is what we want to achieve. I would be glad to receive any tips on how to setup our environment like that.

Edited: Joanna Torz - Feb 03, 2014 02:56 AM

Timofey Bugaevsky

I will check, if it's possible.

While I'm doing that, please take a look at the Service mode, which is introduced in 1C:Subsystems Library 2.0, that allows you to provide 1C:Enterprise applications as SaaS over the Internet. The mechanism is as following: one infobase, stored in one database has Data areas, separated for subscribers in a way that they have no chance to access data of other subscribers.
Having one infobase decreases time of infobase configuration update when you have a lot of subscribers. But when needed, you can create another infobase with different configuration inside to meet specific requirements of customers.

Active user
Company:

Thank you very much, I'm anxiously waiting for an update in this topic :)

Active user
Company:

Hello again,

are there any updates to this problem?

Timofey Bugaevsky

I'm sorry, Joanna, I'm still waiting for the confirmation. But I think you should start thinking on another way of doing that already.

Active user
Company:

Of course we are thinking about it. :) I'm merely delegated by my team to contact you through this forum.

The problem is that we have bought big license pack, but our client insists that the infobase and 1C server are installed on their server.

Edited: Joanna Torz - Feb 06, 2014 01:52 AM

Timofey Bugaevsky

This licensing model is currently not provided, but you can discuss it, maybe your license pack could be split. Please describe your problem in email to int@1c.com.

Subscribe