Dump configuration to file / restore

This forum is intended for cases when a problem can not be solved due to restrictions of the platform: a bug or lack of functionality.

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

We want to use external version control system. hHe platform have options to dump/restore to/from files, but the problem that it takes tooo long to comlete. (for example on a modern core i7 with SSD and 8Gb it takes around 2 minutes for a relatively small configuration).
Could you please implement partial save / partial restore. I mean that Designer should have a mechanism to control changed objects and save only changed ones.
The same thing with restore. Now it rebuilds the whole configuration, but it will be much better if Designer scans the disk for changed files (probably in background) and update just the changed ones.

I would also like tro have some options in designer menu to define commands for VCS, so it will be possible to Commit / Merge without leaving designer.

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Alexey!
The objects are linked between each other, this makes this kind of dump a bit more complicated than it is thought, but any way this feature request already present. Thank you for voting for this feature.

Subscribe