Merge 2 branches with form XML problem

This forum is intended for cases when a problem can not be solved due to restrictions of the platform: a bug or lack of functionality.

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

When you try to merge 2 different changes to one XML form description it is very probable that you run into problems. It seems like platform uses IDs, not items names internally, so if there are some objects with similar IDs at runtime platform present "Internal error" and when you try to edit form in Designer it is not editable.

I think it is very important to make it possible to merge form XMLs. With new IDE it will be very requested function.
p.s. right now we are using ordinary Designer

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Alexey.

Try using Copy objects mode in settings of the Compare and merge tool.

Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

Ok, this could be the solution. Thank your for the tip.  I had to delete one of the objects and create it again to solve the problem.

I do not know if it is reasonable, but it seems to me "restore configuration from files" should use "copy objects" mode by default so external VCSs could be used without problem.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Alexey Gerasimov,

You can restore configuration from files to an empty infobase and then merge utilizing Copy objects mode with another configuration.

Subscribe