Support for collations

This forum is intended for cases when a problem can not be solved due to restrictions of the platform: a bug or lack of functionality.

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Interested
Rating: 32
Company: Abaco Soluciones S.A.

Do 1c have support for CI_AI collations? In file mode or is Server-mode. We are getting a lot of trouble because of accent sensitive search. Or is there any other way to disable accent sensitiveness? Spanish language.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Alexey, currently there is no such possibility, but I will double check for you to find out if there is a workaround.

Interested

Timofey, please. Because the solution I have in mind is to duplicate the data for searching.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Alexey, here is an additional information:

The 1C:Script uses CS_AS collation to compare strings, the database uses CI_AS (if possible) and the full text search uses its own algorithm.

Can you provide more information for our developers on what you do, what is the result and what you would like to receive?

Timofey Bugaevsky

Alexey, please check if your problem solved in 8.3.3? As I found that you had noticed one problem regarding collation and it is solved in 8.3.3.
And if not, kindly please remind me what is the problem description? Is it the same that you can't enter some characters in Thin client for Linux?

Interested

Timofey,

There were one problem regarding collations, when you create  Postgre database with es-ec or es-ar encoding, not just ES, it failed. For now we are creating databases ES only, without specifying the country. And it work for us.

Another problem is about searching. If I write "búsqueda" to the database and will try to search for "busqueda" there will be no results. I think it is a good idea to use CI AI collations by default. There are a lot of languages with accents or extra symbols.

I do not remember the linux problem. The last time I was using it, it was painfully slow in designer mode so I switch back to windows. It was beta 8.3.1. I will definitely check again linux version, probably 8.3.4.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Alexey, please check on 1C:Enterprise 8.3, this problem should be fixed already.

Interested

Which problem? CIAI collations support or es_ec localization?

Timofey Bugaevsky

When you changed in Designer mode using main menu -> Administration -> Infobase Regional Settings and set Language (Country) to Spanish (Ecuador) or created a new infobase with this language settings while having PostgreSQL initialized with this command:
initdb -D /var/lib/pgsql/data --locale=es_EC.UTF-8

Interested

Ok. Thank you. We will check it soon.

Subscribe