BackgroundJobs on mobile platform

Discussions regarding 1C:Enterprise for mobile devices with Android, iOS, or Windows Phone.

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Active user
Rating: 4
Company: Smart ID Dynamics

I have a problem with BackgroundJobs on mobile platform.
I can`t start more than one BackgroundJob at a time, and other problem is that BackgroundJob start only when I install the mobile application, and after that I exit from application and enter again the BackgroundJob doesn`t start again...

Please help. Is very important for me to use BackggorundJobs in my mobile application.

Code
BackgroundJobs.Execute("DataExchangeManagerServer.GetUpdatesFromServerInBackground",, String(New UUID), "Update database job");

Edited: Marius Gidu - Feb 08, 2016 09:25 AM

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Marius Gidu!

Yes, only one background job can be executed at a time in a mobile platform.

Which error do you receive when try to start a background job after closing and opening the application?

Active user

I have a try except block on method:

Code
BackgroundJobs.Execute("DataExchangeManagerServer.GetUpdatesFromServerInBackground",, String(New UUID), "Update database job");

but i get no error, instead the code behind this common module method (DataExchangeManagerServer.GetUpdatesFromServerInBackground) doesn`t execute at all and the job remain active always and I can`t start a new job. Even when I exit from the application and enter again, same issue, code behind the job does not execute and the job remain active.

Edited: Marius Gidu - Feb 09, 2016 02:39 AM

Timofey Bugaevsky

Which version of 1C:Enterprise mobile platform do you use?
Which mobile device and which OS version do you use?
Does the DataExchangeManagerServer.GetUpdatesFromServerInBackground function finish execution?
Can you make a simple test configuration where I could reproduce this issue?

Active user

Mobile platform version 8.3.7.59 - I use Mobile Application Builder to generate application .apk.
Mobile device: Honeywell Dolphin 75e Black with Android 4.4.4, LG G3 D855 with Android 5.0

This is code where I start the Job:

Code
LoggingManagement.WriteEvent("UPDATE START", CurrentDate(), Enums.EventTypes.Information, Enums.EventOperations.UpdateData, "");

ExchangeFilter = Constants.ExchangeFilter.Get();

BackgroundJobParameters = New Array();
   BackgroundJobParameters.Add(ExchangeFilter);

Try

Job = BackgroundJobs.Execute("DataExchangeManagerServer.GetUpdatesFromServerInBackground", BackgroundJobParameters, String(New UUID), "FileSynchronization");

Return Job.UUID;
   Except

LoggingManagement.WriteEvent("Job error " + " - " + ErrorDescription(), CurrentDate(), Enums.EventTypes.Error, Enums.EventOperations.UpdateData, "");
      Return Undefined;
   EndTry;

This is code behind the function DataExchangeManagerServer.GetUpdatesFromServerInBackground:
Code
LoggingManagement.WriteEvent("UPDATE JOB START", CurrentDate(), Enums.EventTypes.Information, Enums.EventOperations.UpdateData, "");

Try

Address = Constants.ServerAdress.Get();
      User = Constants.InfobaseUser.Get();
      Password = Constants.InfobasePassword.Get();

HttpServerAddress = Constants.HttpServerAddress.Get();
      HttpServerPort = Constants.ServerPort.Get();

Definitions = New WSDefinitions(Address, User, Password);
      URI = "http://smartid.ro";
      Proxy = New WSProxy(Definitions, URI, "WebExchange", "WebExchangeSoap");
      Proxy.User = User;
      Proxy.Password = Password;

SysInfo = New SystemInfo;
      MobileDeviceCode = String(SysInfo.ClientID);

//2. Exchange with the main base
      ExchangeFiles = Proxy.GetExchangeFilesAddresses(MobileDeviceCode, Filter);   

j = StrLineCount(ExchangeFiles);

ArrayOfExchangeFiles = New Array;

HTTPConnection = New HTTPConnection(HttpServerAddress, HttpServerPort,,,,14400);

For i = 1 To j Do
         Try         
            //Get file name and file directory
            CurrFileName = StrGetLine(ExchangeFiles, i); 
            CurrDirFileName = TempFilesDir() + CurrFileName;
            HttpRequest = New HTTPRequest("/ExchangeFiles/" + CurrFileName);
            HTTPConnection.Get(HttpRequest, CurrDirFileName);
            ArrayOfExchangeFiles.Add(New Structure("FileName, FileAddress", CurrFileName, CurrDirFileName));
         Except
            LoggingManagement.WriteEvent("Get file from server error " +  " - " + CurrFileName + " - " + ErrorDescription(), CurrentDate(), Enums.EventTypes.Error, Enums.EventOperations.ImportData, "");
         EndTry;

EndDo;

If ArrayOfExchangeFiles.Count() > 0 Then
         ImportDownloadedFiles(ArrayOfExchangeFiles);
      EndIf;

Except
      LoggingManagement.WriteEvent("Error error " + " - " + ErrorDescription(), CurrentDate(), Enums.EventTypes.Error, Enums.EventOperations.ImportData, "");
   EndTry;

LoggingManagement.WriteEvent("Import end", CurrentDate(), Enums.EventTypes.Information, Enums.EventOperations.ImportData, "");

Function does not finish his code execution at all. But some times it execute after an hour, sometimes after 20 minutes from the BackJob Start Date.

I don`t have other active BackJob because I search is an active jobe exist before starting a new one.

As an example:

This line of code was executed at 13:12:35 :
Code
LoggingManagement.WriteEvent("UPDATE START", CurrentDate(), Enums.EventTypes.Information, Enums.EventOperations.UpdateData, "");

And this line was executed at 14:06:16 :

Code
LoggingManagement.WriteEvent("UPDATE JOB START", CurrentDate(), Enums.EventTypes.Information, Enums.EventOperations.UpdateData, "");

Timofey Bugaevsky

Hello, Marius Gidu!

Try to remove all script inside the DataExchangeManagerServer.GetUpdatesFromServerInBackground(), except for:

Code
LoggingManagement.WriteEvent("UPDATE JOB START",...
LoggingManagement.WriteEvent("Import end"...

How it works now? Does it start faster and gets till the end?

Active user

I have tried the method you suggested but the same issue, job doesn`t start.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Try to make a background job without parameters then. Maybe you are trying to pass some parameter that is not supported by background jobs.

Active user

I tried this method too but doesn`t working. Sometimes BackgroundJob started after 12 minutes, other time started after 2 hours and i commented the code you suggested. And job stay active for long time even is just a line of code with a log.

The Job is created because I can find by his UUID but the code inside the Job Function doesn`t executes at all. As I say, sometimes the code behind the Job function executes after a long period of time from the starting time of the Job.

This is a platform bug. Please fix this.

Timofey Bugaevsky

Marius Gidu,

Could you please create a simple configuration, using which I could reproduce this issue and submit a bug to developers?

Subscribe