Is Unit Testing is same as A/B Testing

This forum is for the exchange of ideas and suggestions regarding the 1C:Developer Network

People who like this:0Yes/0No
Just came
Rating: 1
Company: Techatom Pvt Ltd

Hello this is Gulshan Negi
I am reading about software and mobile app testing, and my concern is, in many places Unit testing is also referred to as A/B testing, and in some places it is mentioned that both are different. According to this post can  we say that unit testing is same as A/B testing and can we use it for testing any web application ?
Can anyone give their personal experience on this?
Thanks

Active user
Rating: 8
Company:

These are two completely different types of testing. A/B testing means that you are testing two different types of design of your application, for instance, or two different implementations of the same algorithm, and trying to determine which works better from users standpoint. Unit testing means that you are testing some small but functionally completely independent part of your code and trying to determine if it works properly in all possible situations.

Just came
Rating: 1
Company: Techatom Pvt Ltd

@Peter Cross thanks a lot for your kind response. Well, I have seen lots of platforms, but I do not get such a definition in a very simple words.
Thanks again.

Subscribe