S7 Group of Companies developed a subsystem for managing and monitoring procurement processes based on 1C:Document Management. It covers all enterprises included in the S7 group of companies. They created a mechanism that allows launching purchasing processes with minimal user interventions. The system makes it possible to plan acquisition procedures and control accurate compliance of procurement activity duration with the established regulations.
S7 Airlines is one of the largest airline companies in Russia with a widespread network of domestic routes and the fleet of 60 aircraft.
Before the implementation of the project:Several electronic document management systems (EDMS) from various vendors were implemented at the enterprise, which caused troubles in the document flow. The company required a unified information system to process and store documents and perform tasks.
The project goal: To develop a subsystem for the automation of procurement business processes based on the 1C:Document Management EDMS.
- ensure efficient document flow in terms of procurement activity planning and execution of purchasing procedures following the established regulations;
- arrange storage, systematization and data protection for procurement procedures;
- organize electronic approval processes;
- achieve transparency for each purchasing transaction;
- provide information assistance for control and audit of the company’s procurement activity.
Solution architecture1C:Document Management was chosen as a unified EDMS since it fully meets the specified criteria:
It is an out-of-the-box solution that perfectly fits the company’s requirements in business functionality;
Highly qualified personnel
It is possible to adapt the system without assistance from third-party agencies;
As for the subsystem for managing and monitoring the company’s procurement activity, it is also based on 1C:Document Management CORP. It ensured:
efficient planning of acquisition procedures;
transparency for each purchasing transaction;
efficiency enhancement of overall procurement activity;
data storage and protection.
The project team developed a mechanism that allows launching procurement processes with minimal user interventions, automatically create purchasing procedures, carry out document approval, send notifications, etc.
One of the crucial requirements was to use the out-of-the-box functionality of the 1C:Document Management software product; therefore, the system source code was not almost modified.
Project resultsThe implemented EDMS helped to automate the following business elements:
1) registration and processing of incoming/outgoing documents;
2) handling of administrative and directive documents;
3) agreement accounting and processing;
4) processing of invoices, tax requests;
5) complaint management.
Besides, the company got an additional tool to control the executive discipline of employees.