PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
- Management and storage of all member companies’ data in a common information field.
- Automation of internal ADG processes to reduce the time needed for tasks and documents processing.
- Employee monitoring.
- Companywide support for quick and successful processing of documents and requests as well as efficient management of works at any time and in any place.
- Minimization of documents loss through the use of centralized storage and management solution.
BEFORE THE PROJECT LAUNCH
- ADG member companies were separated and could not enjoy a unified system.
- Documents, reports, and contracts were stored locally on personal computers.
- Top management had limited tools to ensure employees’ compliance.
- Key processes were complicated and multilayered that resulted in time-consuming operation and depreciated overall performance.
- The administrative department had limited tools to manage employee-assigned assets.
- Lack of a formal interaction system between employees and managers resulted in a loss of information.
ARCHITECTURE OF THE SOLUTION AND PROJECT SCOPE
In compliance with the request of ADG's board of directors to identify a suitable solution for the enterprise digital transformation, the IT department have opted for 1C:Document Management as a product that fully met all ADG requirements.
Project scope: 602 users
Project duration: 3 months
Technical architecture peculiarities
Both head and member company offices operate in the common information field. Desktop is accessed via a thin client while a web server mechanism provides for remote access via various web browsers including Firefox, MS Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome.
Unique and innovative
This is what makes the project unique:
- Specifically designed "Asset Management" module to manage employee assigned assets per ADG requirements (asset full lifecycle from registration to the write off date).
- Supervision of remote employees’ actual place of work via a mobile application.
- Single data entry approach. Employees' data and HR tasks are synchronized via 1C:HRM.
- All documents are stored on a single server within the common information field.
- Complex multi-step processes with many routing conditions due to a number of legal entities, roles, departments can now be digitized and easily managed.
- Tasks are fulfilled on time.
- Managers assign and complete tasks directly in the mobile application.
- Managers use “Employee Compliance Report” and “Delayed Task Report” to evaluate each employee's performance.
- Digitalized and streamlined processes allow employees to get a clear picture on the sequence of their work tasks.
- New employees do not get confused and easily immerse into the work process.