Wellbore Integrity Solutions (WIS) is a customer-focused platform providing a comprehensive suite of products and services that enhance the life cycle of oil, gas, and geothermal wells. As a standalone independent company with a vertically integrated structure, WIS focuses on providing quality products manufactured by WIS delivered via a global engineering and field services footprint.
The seamless integration of 1C:ERP with the 1C:Document Management system enabled the company to establish procedures for approving documents quickly and establishing terms for business transactions and expenses within its international offices. Managers are also able to monitor the performance of divisions located in different cities and countries in real-time.
To satisfy both operational and system requirements within the Russia and Asia region (RCA), and within the USA, the company chose the 1C:ERP and 1C:Document Management as well as the 1C:Accounting and 1С:HR Management and wage calculation solutions for Russia and Kazakhstan. The WIS team located in Houston, TX, USA managed the project, while Invasystems also located in Houston, Texas acted as the general IT contractor, and ANASOFT located in Dubai, UAE was chosen as the subcontractor for the implementation of the 1C products.
At the same time as the implementation of 1C products, WIS also launched their regionally based businesses, which allowed the project plan to be adjusted to meet the needs of the branch offices that were just being established. Due to the pandemic, all members of the international project team located in the USA, UAE, Russia, and Kazakhstan worked completely remote for more than half the project.
During the project, the 1C:ERP system was adapted to support multi-country accounting and generate reports in three currencies (RUB, USD, and KZT) on a tight deadline (just two weeks). All solutions utilized by the project were seamlessly integrated with each other and as a result, an integrated system based on 1C:Enterprise was deployed at the Russia locations in three months and at its Kazakhstan locations in just two weeks.
All information databases are hosted in the cloud of a Russian provider to comply with the requirements of Russian law governing the storage of personal data and managers of the WIS office in Houston were able to access the system using an English-language interface.
In total, 150 workstations distributed across 16 locations in two countries were automated.
WIS Russian and Kazakhstan offices conduct their main business in 1C:ERP, whose functionality was expanded to allow it to work with different countries at the same time and to support the generation of reports in three currencies: RUB, USD, and KZT.
1C:Document Management is seamlessly integrated with 1C:ERP, and it is used for approval processes. Users coordinate approvals with each other in 1C:ERP, which allows them to save time and work in a single window.
Accounting programs that are tailored for the requirements of various countries are used to prepare regulatory reporting. All data is imported into 1C:Accounting from 1C:ERP automatically through regular exchanges. Documents are not directly entered into 1C:Accounting except for specific regulatory accounting documents, such as, for example, manual transactions.
For security reasons, HR and payroll are managed in separate solutions (outside of 1C:ERP). Data can be exchanged seamlessly between the 1C:ERP and 1С:HR Management and wage calculation solutions for the two countries.
In total, the system has six seamlessly integrated information databases.
Key outcomes of the project:
- Production management was automated. Manufacturing orders are divided into two types in the system: orders for the production of pipes and components and work orders (for example, for pipe inspection, repair, and cutting). When an order is received, the manager can quickly calculate its planned cost. Production plans are generated based on the received orders. Separate plans are generated for each type of order. After the work is completed, the system automatically generates the closing documents for the client, and the actual cost is calculated. It is possible to determine which exact costs contributed to the product price based on the calculation data. This allows the company to assess the profitability of releasing various products, and to choose the right production strategy based on this data.
- The seamless integration between 1C:ERP and 1C:Document Management makes it possible to arrange for rapid approval of documents, the terms of business transactions, and expenditures. All approvals are performed in 1C:ERP without needing to switch to 1C:Document Managemen. Approval sequences have been configured in the system depending on the areas of activity, amounts, and types of expenditures. Up to 10 employees at the remote branch offices participate in the approval process at the same time. The system facilitates this process by preventing the delays and bottlenecks that can be created while waiting for approvals from individual specialists. The initiator can monitor the document status in real-time, and if approvers have comments, changes can be made quickly.
- The company was able to quickly set up rapid centralized procurement management. Employees at the branch offices can now draft procurement requests in the system and submit them for approval to their managers. Requests are forwarded to the Procurement Department at the head office after they are approved. The Procurement Department at the head office processes requests and prepares orders for suppliers. The system automatically generates receipt documents based on orders that are sent to suppliers. The company has a rule that prohibits any procurement from being made outside of this chain. This procurement management system ensures reliable cost control and avoids any unnecessary spending.
- The management of accounts receivable and payable has been automated. Each division creates its own payment calendar and financial plan in the system, and the head office combines these plans into a single plan for the entire company. This helps the management to quickly monitor the financial situation at the branch offices, identify deviations, and prevent situations that lead to such deviations going forward.
- In addition, the company has been able to ensure efficient regulatory accounting, the filing of reports with regulatory authorities, and payroll management for 400 employees at its branch offices in accordance with the requirements of Russian and Kazakhstani laws.
About the Companies:
Wellbore Integrity Solutions (WIS) is a customer-focused platform providing a comprehensive suite of products and services that enhance the life cycle of oil, gas, and geothermal wells. As a standalone, independent company with a vertically integrated structure, WIS focuses on providing quality manufactured products delivered via a global engineering and field services footprint. For further information, visit www.wellboreintegrity.com
Invasystems is a solution provider that collects industry-leading, technology-based ideas on a single platform for better management of the value chain through visualization, maximized efficiency, and workflow enhancement. The headquarters of the company is located in the USA, there are also representative offices in India and Thailand. Target industries: oil & gas, processing manufacturing, and pharmaceuticals. For further information, visit www.invasystems.com
AnaSOFT Solutions is a software company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The company develops and implements solutions based on the 1C:Enterprise platform. AnaSOFT specializes in providing software for oil & gas companies, manufacturing companies, service providers, trading companies and other businesses. For further information, visit www.anasoft.ae