New, easier to use, 1C:Translator v. 2.1.10 with support of application interface translation
1C Company publishes an update for 1C:Translator 2.1.10. This software is designed to streamline copywriting and translation work and ensure consistent terminology, especially in large translation projects.
In this version we made it easier to work with 1C:Translator: more concentrated on your tasks and faster interface; comments for texts and dictionary entries for teaching employees; more details on the work amount in documents and reports; translation into several languages from a single source. We also added support of translation of powered by 1C:Enterprise application interfaces.
This release includes following general new features:
- You have the option to translate only 1C:Enterprise application parts that are visible to end users. These include the user interface and help topics.
- When translating interfaces, you can specify context for dictionary entries, which increases translation accuracy.
- In the project options, new export option types are available: send to translation into several languages and assemble a translated configuration from several projects.
- Over 40 languages of translation added, you can choose a language from predefined options instead of configuring, which makes the first start of 1C:Translator simpler.
- You can keep the original interface language in translated applications by selecting the Keep original interface texts check box in the project options.
- In scenarios where translation from one of the target languages is easier than translation from the source language, you can export translations into the target language from a translation project to another translation project.
- Support of the following online translation services is added: Microsoft (Bing), Google, Yandex, Baidu, and WorldLingo. You can select one of them in the project options.
- New Dictionary merging tool. You can use it to select a dictionary merging algorithm and check the result. It provides the option to translate the entire dictionary automatically. This option is recommended for quick tests but not recommended for quality translations.
- The dictionary translation procedure is now identical to the text translation procedure: send dictionary entries to translation, translate them, send them to validation, add comments and send for correction if any errors are found, and approve the translation.
- Before exporting multiple texts, you can check the cross-references between the texts. For this, use the Check links command and then, in the window that is opened, check that all of the anchors used in the references exist in other project texts.
New for productivity:
- When you change the translation of a dictionary entry, if the dictionary entry is only used once in a single text, instead of opening the Check terminology window, 1C:Translator saves the dictionary entry and replaces the translation in the text.
- If you open a dictionary entry form from a dictionary filtered by text, a new form field displays the occurrences of the entry in the text. And clicking the text title in this form field opens the text with the dictionary entry occurrences highlighted. You can add a dictionary exception (Ctrl+D) in this form. An exception is a dictionary entry that has the same original text but also has the context field filled and a different translation, so that it is used only in this place and in this text.
- In the text editor form, if you select a fragment that is long enough to uniquely identify a dictionary entry and then open the terminology check for the fragment (Ctrl+Shift+F), 1C:Translator opens the dictionary entry form right away. If multiple dictionary entries match the selected fragment, this opens the Check terminology window instead.
- The dictionary entry form now lists shorter fragments of the dictionary entry found in the dictionaries of the current project. You can use them to build a translation: click a fragment to add it to the end of the Translation field.
- For projects that include the translation of 1C configurations and their interfaces, you can filter the list of texts by subsystem. You can use this feature to set text translation milestones by subsystem and to send texts belonging to a single subsystem to a single translator to improve the translation consistency.
- In the More menu of the Texts list, the Translate automatically command is added. You can use it for batch translation of texts in interface translation projects.
- You can specify the translation folder name for files stored with a text. If you change the translation folder name in a single text, it automatically changes in all of the texts belonging to the project.
- In the Translation field of a dictionary entry, you can swap words in a selected fragment (Ctrl+O) .
- The performance of text indexing and automatic translation is improved. The performance of opening some forms and saving some objects is improved as well.
- Keyboard shortcuts are added for frequently used dictionary reviewing commands.
New in calculations and planning:
- Dictionary translation and dictionary corrections after auto translation are treated as different kinds of work. This saves resources when translating large projects by reducing the number of replacements in texts where a dictionary entry is used.
- Translation complexity coefficients by text type now include coefficients for interface translation, dictionary translation, and adding comments.
- The Work progress report displays manager review details. This includes the volume of reviewing work, the number of comments, and error details. This data is recorded during the posting of Translation acceptance documents.
- The Work progress report displays the number of translation errors. We recommend that you do not apply any penalties based on this number because this can demotivate your employees.
- In the project form, on the Milestones tab, a Gantt chart with milestone start and end dates is displayed. You can use it to plan the workload of employees in translation projects.
Minor enhancements and bugfixes
- Usability improvements: rarely used commands are moved to More menus.
- Dictionary entry duplicates are combined when one of them is saved. Dictionary entries that have blank translations or original texts and are not used in any texts are deleted automatically.
- The Original text field, which was used to combine HTML and Word texts into a single document, is moved to the project options.
- Search in texts now finds occurrences of search strings even if they have HTML tags between the words.
- The dictionary entry form and the dictionary list form now display dictionary entries with translation suggestions submitted. You can also use the Waiting for manager filter to find such dictionary entries.
- The Settings form and the Project form are redesigned to make them more user-friendly.
- Project types are divided to better match specific tasks: Translation of a book, Writing a book, 1C configuration translation, 1C configuration interface translation, and others.
- A filter by texts with issues that require attention is added to the list of texts. Available issue types are: overdue, original text and its translation are stored as two different dictionary entries, stored files are not translated, and indexing errors.
- Texts that are not yet indexed are displayed in gray font in the list of texts.
- Buttons for switching between the occurrences of search strings and highlighting them are added to the text editor form.
- The Subsystems Library translation dictionary is updated.
- Over 80 other enhancements and bugfixes.
1C LLC is the owner of 1C:Translator, it is a free translation automation application, is distributed "as is", and can be used as a basis for development of your own applications on 1C:Enterprise 8 platform. This program is distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY and 1C Company provides support for this application at 1C:Developer Network forum. In order to use 1C:Translator or applications that are based of it, it is required to own or acquire valid licenses of 1C:Enterprise platform. To study 1C:Translator, you can run it on 1C:Enterprise (training version), keeping in mind the limitations of the training version.
If you like or dislike new or existing features, please let us know on the support forum.
Read more details and download installation packages and documentation at 1C:Translator page.
1C:Enterprise platform version 8.3.9 is available, with many new features and improvements.