This form allows to search and replace strings in dictionary entries and texts.
The list of form items:
Search - searches the search phrase in dictionaries and texts dependin on the selected tab.
Check terminology - opens a new window with the Check terminology data processor.
Word or part - the search phrase. To find word forms, you can search only word base. You can also search for several words, in this case a space will be replaced with any number of any character.
Projects - projects where to search.
Search in - defines in which fields to search.
Translation - search in translation fields.
Original text - search in original text fields.
Both - search in translation and original text fields.
- Find definition - if this check box is selected, searching for the place of definition where the function or variable with the name in the Word or part field defined.
- Match whole word only - if this check box is selected, searching for the value in Word or part field: when searching in dictionary - only full matches found, when searching in texts - search phrase matches only if before and after it there are spaces or special characters.
- Case sensitive - if this check box is selected, searching case sensitive.
- Keep spaces - if this check box is selected, spaces that present in the Word or part field are considered spaces, not any number of any character.
- Dictionaries - if this tab is active, searching in dictionaries.
Show references - opens the list of texts where the current dictionary entry is used. When you viewed and made replacements in texts where you decided to replace translations, you will be able to select the flag, meaning, that you can replace translation for this dictionary entry.
Check references - for all dictionary entries in the list checks whether they are used in texts. If the dictionary entry is not used in texts, the flag, meaning that you can replace translation in it, will be selected on it.
Add to terminology dictionary - opens the form for adding a new dictionary entry to the terminology dictionary of the project where you searched.
- Texts - if this tab is active, searching in texts.
- Pattern - contains the value matching the Word or part field, that will be replaced with the value in the Replacement field when you click Replace in found translations. The replacement is case sensitive.
- Replacement - contains the value that will replace the value in the Pattern field when you click Replace in found translations.
- Replace in found translations - replaces in dictionaries or texts, depending on which tab is active.