When you start Designer, you can specify various command-line parameters, such as its start mode, Infobase directory, user directory, and so on.
Administrators can use the batch mode to perform the following actions:
- Dump or restore Infobases
- Save configurations to files or load them from files
- Dump configurations to files or restore them from files
- Update configuration databases (can be performed for supported configurations)
- Perform syntax checks
- Verify and repair Infobases (with a full range of parameters)
- Reduce event log size
- Check configurations
- and more
Alternatively, the startup options can be provided in an external file, which is then specified as a command-line parameter.
Once the actions specified in the command-line parameters are complete, Designer is closed.
The batch mode automates Infobase service operations with scheduled execution of batch files.