Rules for comparing two values
If types of values being compared are not identical, the relationship between the values is defined based on the type priority:
- NULL (lowest)
- reference types
The relationship between different reference types is defined based on table reference numbers corresponding to one type or another.
If the data types are identical, their values are compared according to the following rules:
- For Boolean type, TRUE is greater than FALSE.
- For Number type, common number comparison rules are applied.
- For Date type, earlier dates are less than later dates.
- For String type, the comparison is based on the regional database settings.
- Reference types are compared according to their values (for example, record numbers).