On the Grouped fields tab you can select grouping fields and grouping type.
Fig. 144. Grouped fields in a report item
A grouping can have one of the following types:
- Elements. A group only includes nonhierarchical records (items).
- Hierarchy. A group includes both hierarchical and nonhierarchical records (items and folders).
- Hierarchy only. A group only includes hierarchical records (folders).
You can use the menu to add a new field or a new auto field.
Auto field. A grouped auto field is a set of fields that are generated automatically. It contains the fields that match the following conditions:
- They are available for use in grouping fields
- They are not resources
- They are not attributes of other selected fields
- They are not attributes of existing grouping fields
To view the set of fields that replace a field when a report is generated, on the More menu, click Expand.
If a field is already included in the data of the grouping field, it is not added again.
If available types of a grouping field include the date, you can customize the period addition (add the days that are outside of the report result). For example, if you want the data for all the weeks to be included in a report, select Week as an addition type and select the start and end dates of the period, as shown in the figure below.
Fig. 145. Grouping customization by period
Let us illustrate this with an example. Suppose the Mutual Settlements report displays data on mutual settlements with contractors named "Animal Husbandry, LLC" and "Blackbeard Y. Sole Proprietor."
Fig. 146. A report without an addition
At that, you now need to display data by month. To do so, on the Grouping tab, specify an Addition for Period, month.
Fig. 147. Setting report addition
This changes the Mutual settlements report as follows:
Fig. 148. A report with an additionNext page: Fields